Weeknd is known for being a user and #HOH in his music but he lowkey got another recurring theme

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Moving from an his underground state and stanbase into a pop direction and stardom

On the trilogy (his first non-leaked album/mixtape series or w/e) There is the song rolling stone. Explanation from the artist himself below
The-Weeknd-Letter-to-Fans.jpeg

On kissland (second artist), there is the ending song tears in the rain with the repeated lyrics

I should've let you leave
But, I let you watch me slip away
I could've set you free
But, I'm selfish
I watched you stay

She has no recollection
Of the life she had without me
She let it slip away, away, away
It's so sad it had to be this
She forgot the good things about me
She let it slip away, away, away
[x2]

The weeknd is known for using the metaphor of his fans as a woman (kinda similar to how rappers connect the rap game to being a woman)
At this point in the lyrics he could be referring to his original fans now that he is going through with going pop and knowing how they are going to react to it
He tried to appease his old fans and keep them along when he could have set them free
They then lost themselves as they turned on him and forgot the good things about him (what made them stans in the first place)

On his newest album, there was talk in the BBTM thread of the song angel and how it again brings up the same correlation and expands even further of the subject matter. I don't really know this song that well so don't get mad at me for this one. Someone else elaborate if I'm outright reaching :whoa:

“Angel” is the closing track to “Beauty Behind the Madness”. In the end, the Weeknd decides to let go an angelic girl so she can find a lover who actually cares about her.
- rapgenius

This appears to be the exact same deal as tears in the rain, even the placement of the song being at the end.This time however it seems that the weeknd basically told the person/stan to go find someone else to like with the chorus talking about hoping she/they "find somebody to love"

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree with the Angel theory, there's one line that says we'll see if i'm made out for this [going mainstream]

either way, gonna support :manny: