Wellbeing of blacks plummets, while white Republicans, Asians and Hispanics have thrived under Obama

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
The well-being of black Americans, which began to surge at the end of the Bush administration and reached a high in 2010, has plummeted ever since while white Republicans, Asians and Hispanics have thrived, according to a new Gallup index.

The survey said that blacks who describe themselves as thriving has dropped from near 60 percent in 2010 to 53.2 percent, the lowest of the four racial categories tested.

vndyfu61q0yewig3nd0vcq.png

Gallup blamed the drop on other survey results that indicated African Americans don't believe President Obama has done enough for them during his second term, which they helped to deliver.

Said Gallup, "blacks' life evaluations have waned in Obama's second term, averaging below 54 percent each year since 2013 and now registering below that of whites and Hispanics. These results dovetail with blacks' collective sentiment that Obama has not done enough to improve black Americans' standard of living."

tqn3jm0pjeafihe9flm6cw.png

The study found one group that is thriving much better in Obama's second term: White Republicans.

"Obama's second term," said Gallup on Tuesday, "shows an improvement in whites' life evaluations — particularly those of white Republicans — and corresponding declines among blacks and black Democrats during a period when the presidency did not change. This finding suggests that some improvements in the economy after the Great Recession have likely played a more significant role in the overall gains that have been measured."
Source:
Gallup: Well-being of blacks plummets, up for white GOP under Obama

more at data:
Americans' Life Evaluations Improve During Obama Era

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
As a black (chamber) conservative, I would never discredit Obama in regards to how great my investment portfolio has been looking.

I know he hasn't done anything in particular to cause it to grow...but my stocks/bonds and retirement investments have been :ohlawd: the last 6-8 years. The NYT did an Oped piece where this was said to have been the greatest growth in stocks in the past 50 years or so

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He will go down as one of the worst presidents black people have had in decades. He doesn't respect us nor care for us and clearly looks down on us.

I don't remember despising a politician as much as I do Obama. Just seeing his face alone makes me angry.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If you dont play the stock market then you haven't benefited from Obama's Presidency like you could have. Scared money don't make none.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
These 8 years have been great. Im sorry but if you didnt eat in the last eight years, thats a YOU probably. There are so many opportunities for black people with their head on straight.
yes its all good for black people when stats, numbers, unarmed homicides show the opposite ...no wonder you have Mexicans agreeing with you

Anno Domini

All Star
Daps
People are misreading the poll. This poll isn't measuring any actual indicators on whether or not a persons life has improved. What it's measuring is how a person perceives their own life. So basically what it's saying is that whites, asians, hispanics etc... have a better perception of their life since Obama became president, while blacks have a lower perception of their lives under Obama. This does not mean their lives have actually gotten worse, it just means they perceive it to be that way. Which definitely isn't Obama's fault and can be attributed to the rise in racial tensions these past few years.

AintNoCrampInYaMouthTho

Her: I'm On My Monthly :Wakaokay: Your Mouth Not
Daps
:francis:Kinda figured that, just didn't know we plummet, just thought we sat there. I honestly think he went hard for Hispanics, was because he didnt want people saying "oh look he showing favoritism to his kind" .He should have been like fukk all that in his second term at least:manny:

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
yes its all good for black people when stats, numbers, unarmed homicides show the opposite ...no wonder you have Mexicans agreeing with you

Believe it or not crime has always been a problem in every major city since the 80s. Blaming a president is a easy lazy argument. Just keep looking at stats dating through the decades. For the black people who are trying to do with their lives, you can eat good. If you dont have the basic high school education, you're fukked. The sad thing is their is a lot of drop outs in our community. You are screwed if you dont get a high school diploma. I remember my freshman year in high school, we had 950 students enrolled. We graduated 250 students. Majority dropped out or didnt pass the state test.