"We're coming to get our check!" -- Andrew Yang supporter

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
This is in relation to his Universal Basic Income plan, in which every adult citizen in America will receive a stipend every month.

These are his supporters rallying for him.

Has absolutely nothing to do with anything else other than coincidental similarities in the phrasing.

:yeshrug:
nikka they literally played mlk in the beginning

It’s not a coincidence if they directly stole the shyt and flipped it

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
nikka they literally played mlk in the beginning

It’s not a coincidence if they directly stole the shyt and flipped it

I did not hear MLK upon playing it for the first time (at work) but I did hear it when I watched it a second time.

You're right, it's not coincidental.

nikka.

MLK and his Poor People Campaign advocated for economic equality among all races. Though I do not support Andrew Yang, it seems that this would be decent 'start' to his plan but it does not address inherent bias in our society. How the Yang Gang chooses to rally in support of him doesnt bother me.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I did not hear MLK upon playing it for the first time (at work) but I did hear it when I watched it a second time.

nikka.

MLK and his Poor People Campaign advocated for economic equality among all races. Though I do not support Andrew Yang, it seems that this would be decent 'start' to his plan but it does not address inherent bias in our society. How the Yang Gang chooses to rally in support of him doesnt bother me.

#agent

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky

nikka.

All that shyt sounds nice, but when MLK made that statement he was talking about getting a check for his people.

You not about to finesse me pimp

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

All that shyt sounds nice, but when MLK made that statement he was talking about getting a check for his people.

You not about to finesse me pimp

He gave the speech in preparation of the Poor Peoples Campaign which was for all of the poor Anerican minorities who suffered economic injustice at the hands of white imperialism, this particular phrase was directed towards African Americans (didnt say it wasnt) - and a call for reparations in the grand scheme of economic equality for all. After all, we could not be on equal footing without reparations.

You're misconstruing my statement.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He gave the speech in preparation of the Poor Peoples Campaign which was for all of the poor Anerican minorities who suffered economic injustice at the hands of white imperialism, this particular phrase was directed towards African Americans (didnt say it wasnt) - and a call for reparations in the grand scheme of economic equality for all. After all, we could not be on equal footing without reparations.

You're misconstruing my statement.

Yep....you're an agent. I suggest you research the term "model minority" first used by William Peterson in the mid 60's. He created the term lauding Asian immigrants on their educational and financial achievements. To act like MLK was talking about Asians during a Poor People's Campaign is just as disingenuous as those clowns out there trying to latch on to reparations now. You know damn well King was talking about black people.

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Yep....you're an agent. I suggest you research the term "model minority" first used by William Peterson in the mid 60's. He created the term lauding Asian immigrants on their educational and financial achievements. To act like MLK was talking about Asians during a Poor People's Campaign is just as disingenuous as those clowns out there trying to latch on to reparations now. You know damn well King was talking about black people.

If I'm an agent, you're a dumb ass.

I just said he was referring to black people. The speech was given in preparation of the Poor Peoples Campaign a month later.

I did NOT say he wasnt talking about black people in that quote, I specifically said the opposite.

Put me on ignore if I'm an agent,and take ya tin foil hat wearing, bum ass keyboard clacking, fake revolutionary bytch ass on.

I purposely refrain from name calling and disrespect as a general rule UNTIL someone disrespects me.

Fukk ya.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I'm an agent, you're a dumb ass.

I just said he was referring to black people. The speech was given in preparation of the Poor Peoples Campaign a month later.

I did NOT say he wasnt talking about black people in that quote, I specifically said the opposite.

Put me on ignore if I'm an agent,and take ya tin foil hat wearing, bum ass keyboard clacking, fake revolutionary bytch ass on.

I purposely refrain from name calling and disrespect as a general rule UNTIL someone disrespects me.

Fukk ya.

Damn homie....grow a pair. Words on a screen got you coming up off your square like that? Nothing thorough about your get down at all....agent or not. You specifically defended an Asian man hijacking the very words pertaining to black people, and tried to shoe horn this word salad about Poor Peoples Campaign in the narrative. Tighten up a bit, bro. Stop trying to find loopholes for these cultures that don't give a fukk about us. That Asian man should not be hijacking THOSE WORDS spoken by one of our greatest voices regarding a reparations issue. Cause he is not out there fighting for US. Stop providing wiggle room...agent!