We're Cookin Now! Back to the 'Offs with O'Antoni! 2016 Rockets Season Thread

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
Im interested to know what yall think our ceiling is. Objectively of course.

Not putting too much stock into last nights game. I do like that we fought our way back and a chance to win at the end but defense was below average all night.

If im being 100% honest, I dont think we can beat a healthy GS in a series more than 1/2 times. No way we beat them 4 times. Their ball movement and execution on offense is damn near flawless and they know how to limit our 3 pt shooting.

Looks like we'll be playing OKC in round 1 unless they catch the clippers which isn't a strech. I'd prefer them over LAC but neither team really scares me. I feel like we can knock either team out in 6.

Provided SA takes care of Memphis in round 1, I actually think we can beat the spurs in a series. Regular season matchups dont always project to the playoffs but we've given them the business in 3/4 matchups this year only 2 let 2 of em slip away due to 4th quarter execution. But if we do best them in a 7 game series I think thats where it ends

So my ceiling would be a west finals appearance.

I haven't placed a ceiling on the Rockets all year even in the preseason predictions becuz I didn't know how the team would mesh, if they'd stay healthy and how D'Antoni being the coach would effect the team. But seeing them play throughout this season I do believe that they have no ceiling. I feel a championship is to be had this year especially with Durant not fully at 100%.

But the only way the Rockets will be able to reach those kinda heights is on the defensive end. They have to play defense and I'm not talking about locking down a Curry or Kawhi or Klay. I'm talking about just eliminating defensive lapses and not giving up easy buckets. All those backdoor cuts can't equal lay ups for the opposing teams. And you can't keep getting lost on defense ball watching.

I believe the Rockets offense is championship quality becuz even when the 3 isn't falling they can still get to the FT line. They still have scorer's. If the 3 isn't falling their offense might not be pretty but they still can put points on the board. But the offense will not be what wins the Chip if they are to do it. It will have to be defensively.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
If he sit out a few games I don't think that'll be sitting out due to rest it would be becuz of the wrist injury.

That's really what he should do. Take a couple games to heel, switch up rotations to get other guys more playing time, then bring him back to shake off rust heading into the playoffs. More time for Lou to acclimate, Dekker to do positive things, and even Wiltjer and Bobby Brown a shake.

polokuo

all the above
Daps
Reppin
832 and 310
If he sit out a few games I don't think that'll be sitting out due to rest it would be becuz of the wrist injury.

He won't sit because he's trying to win the MVP - ironic, since putting up bad numbers while injured is certainly not going to help his case.

He needs to stop thinking about the award because these are realistically the choices: 1) play through the pain, lose the MVP by putting up bad games, be injured for the entire playoff run; or 2) rest, lose the MVP, try to get healthy for the playoffs.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
This is another game that they should and could have won. They were sloppy early and recouped, but it was huge going from a 13 point lead to only 6 or so at halftime. They fought pretty much all the way down the stretch and just seemed to tire out once it got tied up at 95. Rapid-fire TOs, sloppy possessions in general, missed layups. You can't do that against a team like the Warriors. Those second chance points ruined things too. Letting Javale McGee and Iggy of all people get off like that was embarrassing.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Took some time off Coli to finish up my research paper, then my MacBook charger died:snoop:

Back in business tho.

Troy Williams showing what I saw watching over the tape:obama:

Booker wanted no part of him without screen help. Dekker should be back by the second round too and his injury was non shooting hand so he should still be able to practice some.

He clearly hit the rookie wall, some time to rest and recoup will be good for him. Let Troy integrate and learn all the plays. Should help a lot with Ariza there.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Rookie wall for Dekker is an understatement. Liked what I saw from Troy too, coming off a back to back like that and probably got a last minute call to be called up and had to ride coach :russ:

His post game interview showed he was so happy just to be there:pachaha:

He came out firing, said no way I'm going back to RGV:mjgrin:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Missed the game tonight...how'd Harden's wrist look?
He's missing shots in drives at the end that he usually make so Based in that, although I think he's getting accustomed to playing better in spite of the injured wrist, it's still having a glaring effect on his game. His passing is still good, but his finishing at the rim is worst and also seem like his free throw shooting is worst too.