Were the Egyptians black?

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jesus probably looked like your typical brown skinned Arab. No way he looked like a black African.

yep them arabs are the gawds in this organized religion shyt
11858269er0tap.png

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
egyptians were egyptians
this. I don't care about the hue of their skin. It's not like anyone is running around saying Egyptians were white. They had dark skin and probably ranged from black as fukk to brown/light skinned. The fact remains that they were their own unique culture and society. They were EGYPTIANS. Egypt is in Africa. Call them what you want but it makes no difference.

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
Along with what others have said...

A big problem concerning this issue is that the cacs try to pigeonhole the definition of "blackness", so in order for a people to be truly "black" they have to fit a very narrow set of traits. On the other hand, they cast the net wider when it comes to the definition of a European or an Asian. So naturally, a lot of the white man's scholarship on this subject is inherently flawed

but Chiekh Anta Diop literature will set nikkas straight :cheers:

But debating white racists about this subject is eye-opening. I used to argue about the blackness of Ancient Egyptians, but unless you both agree on a definition of "blackness" the discussion will go no where. So instead of using "black" I just referred to the inhabitants of Ancient Egypt as Africans. And I still got some guys that would try to tell me that Egypt wasn't inhabited by many Africans, that it was mainly Euros and Asians that brought the education and technological innovations there :dead: there are white people out there that can't come to terms with Africans once being the pinnacle of civilization :yeshrug:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
black Americans: Egyptians were black :stopitslime:
white Americans: Egyptians were mixed :wtb:
Egyptians: who gives a fukk :rudy:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
cleopatra wasn't black, but no doubt them lower level people were.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Along with what others have said...

A big problem concerning this issue is that the cacs try to pigeonhole the definition of "blackness", so in order for a people to be truly "black" they have to fit a very narrow set of traits. On the other hand, they cast the net wider when it comes to the definition of a European or an Asian. So naturally, a lot of the white man's scholarship on this subject is inherently flawed

but Chiekh Anta Diop literature will set nikkas straight :cheers:
The problem is ancient cultures didn't GIVE A fukk about what COLOR your skin is. It was about your NATIONALITY. Europeans are people from Europe, Asians are people from Asia. I don't understand what you mean..Do you just want people to refer to egyptians as Africans? (edit: I just saw your edit and it seems like you agree with that, which doesn't bother me. But they were both egyptian and african, as Africa was not ONLY egypt)

It seems like people want to take credit for the accomplishments of these ancient civilizations. Oh the greeks and romans were "white" and egyptians were "black". But it really doesn't matter what their skin color was, its not like they are different species, all of these things were accomplished by homo-sapiens. And I've never heard someone refer to the greeks or romans as white people. I've only heard of them talked in the sense that they were greeks and romans...

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
cleopatra wasn't black, but no doubt them lower level people were.

Cleopatra is irrelevant to this debate. On the timeline, She lived closer to us then she did to Old Kingdom Egyptians. That shyt was around for over 3,000 years.

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
The problem is ancient cultures didn't GIVE A fukk about what COLOR your skin is. It was about your NATIONALITY. Europeans are people from Europe, Asians are people from Asia. I don't understand what you mean..Do you just want people to refer to egyptians as Africans? (edit: I just saw your edit and it seems like you agree with that, which doesn't bother me. But they were both egyptian and african, as Africa was not ONLY egypt)

It seems like people want to take credit for the accomplishments of these ancient civilizations. Oh the greeks and romans were "white" and egyptians were "black". But it really doesn't matter what their skin color was, its not like they are different species, all of these things were accomplished by homo-sapiens. And I've never heard someone refer to the greeks or romans as white people. I've only heard of them talked in the sense that they were greeks and romans...

But it does matter when a certain people tries to erase another people's history from the face of the earth. It's not about taking credit for accomplishments, it's about setting history straight. Misinformation was and still is being spread about Africans/blacks and our accomplishments, which is why brothers like Chiekh Anta Diop dedicated decades of their lives to setting the record straight, so people couldn't just come along and try to erase people from the history books with no opposition - it's about preserving real history

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
But it does matter when a certain people tries to erase another people's history from the face of the earth. It's not about taking credit for accomplishments, it's about setting history straight. Misinformation was and still is being spread about Africans and their accomplishments, which is why brothers like Chiekh Anta Diop dedicated decades of their lives to setting the record straight, so people couldn't just come along and try to erase people from the history books with no opposition - it's about preserving real history
Who tried to erase egyptian history from the face of the earth? I'm not familiar with a lot of this stuff

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
Who tried to erase egyptian history from the face of the earth? I'm not familiar with a lot of this stuff

I'm not saying anybody did, but my point is that it's important to preserve historical accuracy to prevent a situation like that. I mean there are a great number of people who still think Columbus discovered America. That's a result of people manipulating the history. But back to the subject, there are academics, past and present, that try/tried to deny the "blackness" of Ancient African civilizations and did a pretty good job at it. A simple google search can yield many examples of this.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm not saying anybody did, but my point is that it's important to preserve historical accuracy to prevent a situation like that. I mean there are a great number of people who still think Columbus discovered America. That's a result of people manipulating the history. But back to the subject, there are academics, past and present, that try/tried to deny the "blackness" of Ancient African civilizations and did a pretty good job at it. A simple google search can yield many examples of this.
A lot of our "history" is probably extremely distorted, only the victors write the history books...you seem to just have a problem with how uneducated the american public is...which isn't surprising.. there is some crazy statistic where a ton of americans can't even locate north america on a fukking world map :heh:

I've learned to stop caring about what a moron thinks. I still think there is something to applying our modern notions of skin color and race to ancient civilizations... it just falls short for me.