WES MONTGOMERY on GUITAR (1965)

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
That thumb.playing

OG playing faster like that than I ever will in my life will be able to with a pick :wow:

I read he played like that because when he practiced at home he didn't want to make too much noise so he played with his thumb.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
me getting tired of looking for picks helped my thumb playing alot. i actually play more accurately with my thumb. took me about a year

gonna attempt this soon, solo and everything.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
me getting tired of looking for picks helped my thumb playing alot. i actually play more accurately with my thumb. took me about a year

gonna attempt this soon, solo and everything.

Rep for this.

Why do I feel like I heard a sampled song of this somewhere???:jbhmm:

Definitely my favorite musical discovery in recent years is Wes Montgomery.

Looked like he was doing all downstroke too.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
That thumb.playing

OG playing faster like that than I ever will in my life will be able to with a pick :wow:

I read he played like that because when he practiced at home he didn't want to make too much noise so he played with his thumb.
I try playing with a pick. It gives me a cleaner sound but it feels so unnatural in my hand. I prefer using my thumbs as well.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I try playing with a pick. It gives me a cleaner sound but it feels so unnatural in my hand. I prefer using my thumbs as well.
I used a thumb pick for like 2months..

I think because I like to do funky strumming(think Dance floor-Zapp..I gotta play that everytime I pick up a guitar).. I went back to picks.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
:wow:Had one of his albums on vinyl. shyt was so majestic just hearing this brother flick the guitar like it was as easy as breathing.

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
Wes, the Octave man! Fingers be slicker than Cadillac.

Definitely of the greatest and most black influential guitarists up there with Jimi Hendrix, Bo Diddley, Muddy Waters, Sister Rosetta Tharpe and many more.