Westbrick thinks he has the talent of Jordan but plays like a scrub

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
How much of his current struggles is because he had surgery right before the season started?

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
He's a great player and should easily make the HOF but I've always wondered if he's ever truly great at anything, like elite at anything.

Dude literally produces off of sheer willpower. Willpower can only take you so far though especially when you're game is so reliant on athleticism.
He has an elite motor. He gets every loose ball and you feel he’s out there (for better or worse) and you have to account for him even when he’s bricking because he constantly puts pressure on defenses

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
he is an elite passer, rebounder and is elite at getting to the basket
He isn’t an elite passer, he just accumulated a lot of assists because he has the ball in his hands always.

And he is a great rebounder but it’s cuz he crashes open paths.

He is super athletic but he is not a great finisher at the rim statistically.

I know it sounds nuts because of his numbers.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Didn’t think it was that bad

Madre de dios :picard:, nikkas clown Simmons but :youngsabo:is just as bad

Yup. He's only making 15% of his shots from 3-10 feet and 24% of his threes. He isn't terrible in the midrange, just below-average (about 35%).

He's actually still good at the rim this year, shooting 37% of his shots from there and making 64%, but you take out those shots at the rim, and he's 28% overall for the rest.

kuts

All Star
Daps
He just hasn't developed elite basketball intuition. He's the kind of player that can get hot and still produce boneheaded plays. And when he's not playing well then you can just forget about it.

In reality he should be a mini-LeBron, but he just doesn't have that feel for the game at all. And that last point is typified by his crappy shooting. Effectively scoring the basketball is one of the most finesse skills in all of sports, to the point that technique almost takes a backseat to rhythm and tempo. And athleticism is almost not even necessary.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
I don't think anybody in the OKC organization has ever checked him. That's where the problem lies somebody on the team or coaching staff needs to grow a pair. I have never seen such bad shot selection in late game situations. The Russ pull up brick has to be up there with shots like the Jordan fade away when the game is on the line.