"Westside Gunn Has Lost His Genius; Last Signed Artist Dont Have It factor" - Ankhlejohn

Stez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fux with Ankhlejohn but no. He is down with Divino and West fukked with Estee Nack who was Divino's man overlooking Divino entirely, so I can imagine there's some feelings caught.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I fux with Ankhlejohn but no. He is down with Divino and West fukked with Estee Nack who was Divino's man overlooking Divino entirely, so I can imagine there's some feelings caught.

Nah I dont think that has nothing to do with it. Divino has production credits on Gunn's FGIAG and Gunn even copped some of Divino's wack ass aert :mjlol:

I simply see it as John being a fan with an unpopular yet valid opinion. But since he's an artist whos made some noise on the indie level and is somewhat in the same lane as Gunn people immediately call it hate :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Stez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah I dont think that has nothing to do with it. Divino has production credits on Gunn's FGIAWG and Gunn even copped some of Divino's wack ass aert :mjlol:

I simply see it as John being a fan with an unpopular yet valid opinion. But since he's an artist whos made some noise on the indie level and is somewhat in the same lane as Gunn people immediately call it hate :yeshrug:

Man, my memory be off as shyt the last day or so. Imma log off now :ld:

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
I assume he's talking about Boldy James and Armani Caesar? Armani ain't my cup of tea, but he's wrong about Boldy. Most people are. I listened to Boldy for years and never really was a big fan until his Tea of China album early this year. Boldy's an incredible emcee. His style may not be for everyone, but real recognize real, and cats would be surprised how many of their favorite rappers love Boldy. Nas loves Boldy, and Boldy is Jay-Z's favorite emcee right now, and Tea in China is Jay's favorite album of the year. It's an easy AOTY contender.

Boldy's got a monotone delivery, so if you don't like those kind of emcees you might not like Boldy, but he's truly getting to be on some effortless rhyming with a lot of creative pockets/flows/cadences, and bars with hidden meanings. If you haven't checked much for Boldy, don't base your opinion on Versace Tape. He did that as a favor to Gunn. He picked zero beats on it, and I don't think he put as much effort into it. The Price of Tea in China is the album to listen to. I promise the game is gonna look back on that album as one of the most slept on albums of this decade. It's like a 2020 Reasonable Doubt through the eyes of Detroit.

I've seen a lot of posters whose opinions I love on here go from not liking Boldy to being big fans, and others still not catch on yet. He's likely not gonna catch you right away, but when he does, you'll be glad you paid more attention. Boldy has a bright future in the game.

And matter of fact, :jbhmm: Stove God Cooks is about to be the next Griselda signee and also dropped an AOTY contender in Resonable Drought. So Anklejohn's take is stupid as fukk.

:hubie: rant over.

Exacty.

Yup. The Price of Tea In China is a masterpiece. Straight up. Not one bad song. 10/10 beats and rhymes.