Westside Gunn x Conway x Benny The Butcher x Daringer - Dr Birds

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
i didnt see you asked lol, it looks like Beat Butcha is sound designing pieces for Daringer to sample and arrainge. ppl keep asking whats the Dr. Birds samples is, BB said its me im the sample
That’s dope as hell that boy Daringer a sampling machine:lolbron:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
i didnt see you asked lol, it looks like Beat Butcha is sound designing pieces for Daringer to sample and arrainge. ppl keep asking whats the Dr. Birds samples is, BB said its me im the sample
:ohhh:

That's interesting, but honestly it makes a lot of sense because it gets around the issue with Shady about clearing samples. Oh No and Alchemist did something like this with that GTA soundtrack where a bunch of cats made music just for the purpose of them sampling it. That way they got the sound they wanted to do without having to clear a lot of shyt.

All that being said....:patrice:the Dr. Bird's joint sounds exactly like the Criminology sample...:hubie:

Interscope execs probably going crazy with all these soul samples they keep turning in
Check the post by @SoulController that I quoted in this post. It sounds like it's become a non-issue and they found a way around it.

Is that the criminology sample?
I could've sworn, but apparently Beat Butcha is making joints for Daringer to sample on this album so that Shady doesn't have to clear samples.

Here's a couple others that have followed this format between Butcha and Daringer.

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
That’s dope as hell that boy Daringer a sampling machine:lolbron:
It also speaks to how talented Beat Butcha is. I've been saying he's one of the most underrated producers out there since he was producing for Prodigy, Jadakiss, Lloyd Banks, and Sean Price (RIP) in the early 2010's. He doesn't drop a ton of beats, but what he does is usually pretty fire. He's also fairly sample-based, so I'm a little bit surprised that he;s able to create original music that sounds so...vintage and old, for lack of a better term. And it's making me question whether some of his beats that I thought had samples actually did or not.

EDIT: Yeah, on his Rhythm Roulette episode he actually plays quite a lot of the beat live :leon:

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
It also speaks to how talented Beat Butcha is. I've been saying he's one of the most underrated producers out there since he was producing for Prodigy, Jadakiss, Lloyd Banks, and Sean Price (RIP) in the early 2010's. He doesn't drop a ton of beats, but what he does is usually pretty fire. He's also fairly sample-based, so I'm a little bit surprised that he;s able to create original music that sounds so...vintage and old, for lack of a better term. And it's making me question whether some of his beats that I thought had samples actually did or not.

EDIT: Yeah, on his Rhythm Roulette episode he actually plays quite a lot of the beat live :leon:

know the one sample usage right off the bat

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
The Prhyme technique :ohhh:

Frank Dukes is the first one i can think of that made a business out of it, him and his collaborators plays little riffs and grooves and get pub on massive songs

Drake's '0 to 100 / the Catch Up' - Discover the Sample Source

(Adam Feeney is Frank's real name)

looks like the sample got removed, it's his work so he probably had it taken down. but google Kingsway Library and you'll hear a sample from any number of popular songs

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue

I hope eventually more producers and artist take note of this technique...could change the direction of hip hop and lead it back to a more sample-based platform