What 90s and 00s rappers' lives in 2023 are the most unexpected

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Yayo :bryan:

He made too many enemies that just gave up hunting his old azz,down. He's only relevant to CACs, c00ns that don't respect Hip Hop History, and people that have the same crabs-in-a-barrel traits like him.

But the answer to this thread has to be Jay-Z. He literally became what he hated: an older breh that spits similar wisdom to Nas, a family man, married, and rocking 3 piece suits.
You hit the nail on the head. Hov is now the antithesis of what he represented early in his career: the conscious, wise family man. Even though he clearly still lives by his money hungry ways, he’s shifted his image to something more reflective of his age.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
How no one mentioned Common is beyond me. Common wasn’t that popular in the 90s. In Chicago, you could make an argument that during the 90s, as far as Chicago rappers, he was behind Crucial Conflict, Twista and Do or Die in popularity. Now he’s in the Hollywood circles and has had many public relationships.
Common was behind Da Brat in the '90s. :heh:

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Common was behind Da Brat in the '90s. :heh:
Damn, I wasn’t even thinking about her lol. She was probably #1. I still remember back in the day. WGCI (if you’re not from Chicago, that’s one of our radio stations for Rap and R&B) had this Chicago mix where almost every chicago rapper jumped on it. Common was just “one of the rappers.” Well, I can‘t quite say that because I believe he was getting his props as one of the coldest, and he had one of the final verses, but at this time, I hadn't heard a song by him. First Common song I heard was “Reminding me (Of Sef)” This is actually a good idea for a thread actually.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I'm most surprised by squeaky clean image and multi platinum selling The Fugees and crew becoming the actual real live criminals of Hip Hop:

the industry will turn you out..all of them are just :smh: