What are the downsides of over-rationalization?

blqbird

I've been thuggin through my rainy days...
Daps
Reppin
DMV
My brother and I spoke about this today. He said I'm overly logical and attempt to rationalize everything. I agree with him to an extent whilst also acknowledging that over-rationalization can quickly lead to making excuses. That isn't what I do though. I'm hyper-aware of what I am and am not doing at any given point. It's just that I believe even random events can be explained (like getting hit by a car while crossing the street; a seemingly random event that still follows the law of causality). He calls it toxic and says it makes you weak. I think it keeps you safe. If I'm approaching everything from a viewpoint of making sense of it, shouldn't I be better off than someone who purely tries to feel their way through life without trying to understand the how or why? I feel like not attempting to understand would literally drive me crazy. How can anyone live in ignorance?

Who's right in this conversation?

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
You the type that likes to lie and say Santa Clause is not real. But he's real and just because you don't believe in magic in a young girls heart and how the music can free her whenever it starts doesn't mean you're right. :pacspit: Think Happy thoughts you motherfukker

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Sounds like you have some type of hyper awareness and that can lead you to be a hypochondriac and cause more anxiety than normal. We are normally on auto pilot for a reason, as many thing are taken care of in the background subconsciously. Seems like it’s hard for you to relax your mind. I prescribe meditation