What are the fights that got you hooked?

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Which are the fights that really got u hooked on watching boxing/UFC?

For me:

Pacquiao vs Cotto: Had the bar packed, was a crazy atmosphere :wow:

Mayweather vs Canelo: Had never seen technical boxing like that before :ohhh:

Lesnar vs Mir II: First time having ppl over for UFC and it was a card for the ages

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
A bunch of fights in 90-91, especially:

Julio Cesar Chavez-Meldrick Taylor 1
Mike Tyson-Razor Ruddock 1
Evander Holyfield-George Foreman

I remember being a kid and really looking forward to the Tyson-Ruddock rematch, which was only 3 months after the 1st bout. The Holyfield-Tyson in November 91’ bout being cancelled was a real letdown. I remember they announced it during that Ray Mercer-Tommy Morrison card.

profound

technique
Daps
Lesnar vs Mir II: First time having ppl over for UFC and it was a card for the ages

surprised to see this answer, i got the same answer

First ppv I ordered, the feeling i got seeing lesnar lay waste to mir was only ever replicated by seeing nunes faceplant cyborg

mir wasnt the only one to talk shyt then proceed to eat it on that card, the H-bomb (and follow up) really solidified things

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Haglar vs Hearns, significant because it was days close to my birthday too

Hagler vs Mugabi

Seeing Tyson start out

Seeing Sweet Pea start out

Hearns vs Duran

Hearns vs Leonard Pryor vs Arguello (didn't see those live time, but did a few years later on replay respectively)

Really any 80's fades, the contender and title fights were dope but you had a lot of random scraps/no names that were classic as well, quite a few I can't remember, all of the weight classes had some heat

Saturday mornings were legit/a must see as well on ABC. Marlin Starling and Jorge Piaz were low-key favs, I thought it was cool Piaz would do those flips :mjlol: (Teo bit his shyt imo).

I was a bit of a Sharmba Mitchell stan earlier on. I remember correctly he used to come out in suspenders and I thought that was dope :mjlol:

By the time the 90's started I was already hooked.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
For me its not really a fight per se it was the vibe...when i was young...my dad used to have ppl over back in the day..uncles, the other fathers on my street over to watch fights...esp the ppv on the hotbox in the 80s...and they used to be carrying on and all that and i used to wonder why..shyt had me hooked