What can you do with Java

Saucay

Banned
Daps
What do you think about Django/Python? I was spoke with one of the lead devs at my job yesterday for advice getting into the field and he was really suggesting I go that route, but that's kinda cuz they're used for our company. I'm a little familiar with Python, HTML and JavaScript... the route you're talking seems more in line with the platforms I'm utilizing right now for projects, though... along with PHP :jbhmm:

From what I am hearing Python is up there with Javascript. It's used for back-end web dev(server/database access) / development data-mining / bots / artificial intelligence / Deep learning.

I wouldn't suggest you focusing solely on technologies your company uses unless you want to stay there for a while. You will not be mobile in case you want to change jobs.

With everything happening right now, there is a high demand for knowledge in full-stack development.
JAVASCRIPT is getting a lot of love right now.
It doesn't kill to know Python and PHP.

Again, it boils down to what YOU want to do. From there you can focus on the different languages you will need to get the job done.

If a newbie breh where to ask me what he should learn, It'd tell him to focus on these:

Front-end stuff
: (making shyt look nice)
Start with HTML.
Then CSS3. Once done, check out Bootstrap.
Then Javascript

Back-end stuff (manupulating data. Sending a breh a notification that he got nudes in his inbox)
Learn how to work with a light weight database: PostgreSQL, Mysql
Learn Javascript frameworks that allow you to do some back-end stuff(data access): Vue.js(easier to learn) or React(a bit tougher)

With this, you can build cool websites that can also run on mobile phones without people having to download apps.

Daps
From what I am hearing Python is up there with Javascript. It's used for back-end web dev(server/database access) / development data-mining / bots / artificial intelligence / Deep learning.

I wouldn't suggest you focusing solely on technologies your company uses unless you want to stay there for a while. You will not be mobile in case you want to change jobs.

With everything happening right now, there is a high demand for knowledge in full-stack development.
JAVASCRIPT is getting a lot of love right now.
It doesn't kill to know Python and PHP.

Again, it boils down to what YOU want to do. From there you can focus on the different languages you will need to get the job done.

If a newbie breh where to ask me what he should learn, It'd tell him to focus on these:

Front-end stuff
: (making shyt look nice)
Start with HTML.
Then CSS3. Once done, check out Bootstrap.
Then Javascript

Back-end stuff (manupulating data. Sending a breh a notification that he got nudes in his inbox)
Learn how to work with a light weight database: PostgreSQL, Mysql
Learn Javascript frameworks that allow you to do some back-end stuff(data access): Vue.js(easier to learn) or React(a bit tougher)

With this, you can build cool websites that can also run on mobile phones without people having to download apps.
What about security ?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
I would add on HTML5 to javascript as well. I would get as far away from Java as possible, its dying and those entities that use it will be switching to another platform in the next 5-10 years or so due to another major vulnerability. Firefox and Chrome don't allow java to run on its browser. You can still do things with the language, just be aware of its limitations and don't get into the 'java for web programming' game, get into the 'java for android' niche instead (until they do away with that too)

neg+

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
Breh, unless you want to work for a big software company you may want to look into HTML/Javascript/Angular/React. This is where the jobs are.

Been learning programming from this dude.

guy just said that #Swift is for embedded programming on apple and then one minute later said it is for app programming.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
What's the current status of Java? I got my start with it but sounds like a dying language. Even Android is migrating to Kotlin and applets basically died after all the security issues.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
What's the current status of Java? I got my start with it but sounds like a dying language. Even Android is migrating to Kotlin and applets basically died after all the security issues.

It's still used a lot for web/enterprise application backend software. microservices in conjunction with spring/spring boot.