Essential What could make the Salon better?

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
Hmmmm.... I know @Elle Driver started a women's health thread and that's something I think should be stickied. Hopefully people willing to share... others won't take their personal business and poke fun by making other threads.

I've tried to have a thread outside of the beauty thread for makeup, hair, and etc....

I think alot more women would participate in the salon if we could find a way to get it poppin... But lately TLR hasn't been much fun either.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I agree about the new ladies. When the salon was first made a lot of female posters came from no where and there are a lot who lurk. I do consider this a safer space than TLR, and they ban when asked so hopefully that will encourage more to post. Again if there is someone else who needs to be banned let me know.

I will say though that things aren't as bad as they use to be. Exposals are more frowned upon even in TLR and people get called out for being psycho. Its more being harassed in pms...*sigh* these weird nikkas.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I should contribute more, but I'm more active in the film room. Apparently if I just copy & paste an article about Insecure that will be the only way to get a fukking feature... so why not I think Madame noire is still sulking over it or maybe I can just post their interview with Ness from Atlanta and put that she openly announces to be a womanist.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I should contribute more, but I'm more active in the film room. Apparently if I just copy & paste an article about Insecure that will be the only way to get a fukking feature... so why not I think Madame noire is still sulking over it or maybe I can just post their interview with Ness from Atlanta and put that she openly announces to be a womanist.

I definitely wanted more women focused news, show discussions, and articles when we first started. I used to post some. I think we could have had a thread for insecure here that could have been sticked. I just feel like people don't come here for that they either go to the film room for shows, TLR for news, Booth lounge for albums etc... But that doesn't mean we shouldn't do that here.

When Being Mary Jane starts again I'm going to stick a thread during the season. I think we should do more things like that.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Hmmmm.... I know @Elle Driver started a women's health thread and that's something I think should be stickied. Hopefully people willing to share... others won't take their personal business and poke fun by making other threads.

I've tried to have a thread outside of the beauty thread for makeup, hair, and etc....

I think alot more women would participate in the salon if we could find a way to get it poppin... But lately TLR hasn't been much fun either.

it won't happen here the concern is TLR but even then I think it can be handled because they have more mods.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I think it's because the stuff we like to talk about are often personal and since this space isn't really secured for only our eyes, there isn't much involvement and since there are very few of us, it's not easy to keep it active as other forums.
Which is why the groups should be reopened.