What do we think of the Dark Knight Rises now?

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I think Nolan was just tired and was like fukk it. I heard that The Dark Knight was supposed to be the last film. I don't know how true that is and I doubt it was true but I kind of felt Rises was a half hearted effort.
I think he always had a trilogy in mind but Ledger's death changed things.

It's not hard to imagine he was checked out after that and wanted no part of making a 3rd film, but the pressure from WB & fans made him feel obligated to do it.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
story wise, it cheapens Bruce’s “rise” by having him being punched in the back and then just showing up in Gotham. No money. No Alfred. No resources. But he’s just there. That’s something Nolan would’ve made sure to cover in the first two movies but here he completely sidesteps it.

TDK is full of similar plot gaps and conveniences. Maybe not as bad as in TDKR but that's where it already started.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
6.5/10...which is a shame because it could've been incredible if they kept the story simpler and focused on the themes that stood out in the trailer

Bane vs Batman should've been the ultimate rivalry

Two Orphans; Two Obsessions; Two Very Different Origins
Bruce inherited everything; had the world at his feet and decided to protect it

Bane came from nothing and literally had to fight and claw and scrape to survive, yet wound up stronger, and possibly even more cunning than Batman: ..No ordinary child. A child born in hell. Forged from suffering. Hardened by pain.

Two conflicting motives for gotham: Restoration vs. Retribution; God's grace vs. His Wrath, w/ Bruce and Bane as His respective instruments waging a war for Gotham in which Batman is finally outmatched. With part of the audience realizing they're rooting for Bane on the inside, thinking "they never gave me shyt either breh":wow:

But no. Nolan threw that GOAT matchup and theme out of the window to make Bane a simp, hired gun and give his origin story to some random broad in a plot twist that only made shyt more convoluted:scust:.

2nd half of that movie was straight :trash: brehs, I'll never forgive Nolan for that.

:ehh:

Sounds like a promo for WrestleMania.