What do y'all think about Rick Ross living out his character to this degree?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
We all know his name is Leonard Roberts, but if you look at pics or videos of him doing tours of his house, you see "Rick Ross" or RR everywhere. For example, he has a custom bicycle with "Rick Ross" on it...it's not a product he sells.

This is one of the gate entrances to the house

vllkyt7bv3jgp6r8t.jpg

another gate
Screen-Shot-2020-04-14-at-16.11.07-4c0a.png

Door entrance
screen-shot-2015-12-15-at-8-08-42-am.png

I always felt like celebrities would be their true selves at home and try to get away from/drop their entertainment names/personas. But maybe I'm wrong. Just interesting. :hubie:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I've never seen Ross break character. He's like Hulk Hogan now where he just believes the shyt. But it's whatever, I like the music I don't really take him seriously. He came out and attacked Tory Lanez and said "protect black women" but it was all bullshyt. He was just trying to promote shyt even if those videos.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Regular people do this all time. They were born with a face then were conditioned to wear a mask. After a while they forget they even had a face and believe they are the mask and this generates a nagging feeling of emptiness, no matter what they achieve because in the back of their mind they know its not real.

The net has pushed this drive into top gear and its got to the point where people don't care if the funk is fake, as long as it seems like funk some kind of way and, more importantly, other people agree.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
How many people in his life you think refer to him as Leonard Roberts?

When is the last time someone asked Eric Bishop about his name, or Reginald Dwight

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I've never seen Ross break character. He's like Hulk Hogan now where he just believes the shyt. But it's whatever, I like the music I don't really take him seriously. He came out and attacked Tory Lanez and said "protect black women" but it was all bullshyt. He was just trying to promote shyt even if those videos.
i always wonder what wrestlers call each other backstage.

Like I think alot of them called Mick Foley, "Jack" in wcw. But called him "Mick" in WWF.

I feel like Vince refers to them as their govt names.

But it's interesting that at some point the persona takes over.

King Frost

Stay Frosty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North Pole
people would clown him for not being real

you'd think he would hire some lawyers to lobby for less property taxes

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
When you tell a lie for so long you start to believe it, especially in his case when it is his career.

On a lesser scale I have a few stories I've had to make up to cover my cheating or friends cheating. Over the years these stories get repeated and eventually they seem real. When one gets brought up I see it play out in my head even though it didn't actually happen. I've even had dreams about it.
My brain invented fake memories.

Psychology is very interesting.

• Dap
Reactions: b_b