What Do You Guys Use to Get the Best Results for Pan-Fried Chicken Drums, Thighs, and Breasts?

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Last night, I made fried chicken with mac n' cheese. For seasonings, I used black pepper, seasoning salt, cayenne pepper, and some parsley. For the oil, I used vegetable oil. Here's a pic below:

I wanted it to be more crispy with a better, stronger and more extravagant taste, but this will do. Any tips?

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Use panko breadcrumbs for a more crispy crust.

Also as breh said, too much oil for pan frying. You could just fill it until at least half of the chick is in the oil because you'll flip it anyways and it will fry the other side. That shyt I'm seeing is setting of my anxiety imagining all that grease popping all over the god damn place.

I have a cookbook of African-American recipes (ADOS to be more current). They had a good chicken recipe and that shyt was crispy. Let me look at it real quick.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

Also as breh said, too much oil for pan frying. You could just fill it until at least half of the chick is in the oil because you'll flip it anyways and it will fry the other side. That shyt I'm seeing is setting of my anxiety imagining all that grease popping all over the god damn place.

I have a cookbook of African-American recipes (ADOS to be more current). They had a good chicken recipe and that shyt was crispy. Let me look at it real quick.

OP was out there cooking like
tenor.gif

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps

This shyt is delicious and pretty simple. It will give you crispy chicken. Picture is big. Click it to enlarge

Last edited:

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Thats a whole lot of oil my g

you sure you dont mean deep fry?

:patrice:
I figured that that was too much oil because the grease was popping too high, but I was worried about the sides being left uncooked.

Panko

Cast iron

Peanut or canola oil

__

Or just buy a small deep fryer
What about an Air Fryer?