What if schools were causing mental illness?

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps

"Name a mental illness you think schools cause or exacerbate"

Alot of people are naming Anxiety and depression in the comments

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't feel school causes mental illness, it's something that's already underlying. Now school can certainly exacerbate your mental illness, but it's not going to form a new illness if you weren't suffering from it already.

Shorty K

Banned
Supporter
Daps
ADHD/ADD.

Spending all that time being force fed shyt you intuitively know is complete bullshyt definitely destroys attention spans, especially towards cac. Even to this day when a cac is talking I have an extremely hard time paying attention to what they're saying.

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
I don't feel school causes mental illness, it's something that's already underlying. Now school can certainly exacerbate your mental illness, but it's not going to form a new illness if you weren't suffering from it already.
someone mentioned teachers and social workers mistaking misbehavior for mental disorders. Prescribing kids meds they never needed.

Solo ✧✦✧

King of the eXoticals. "FIRsT and LAst wARNiNg"
Daps
Anxiety and low self-esteem. Some people can feel inadequate if they feel left behind academically and of course the issue of kids being bullied

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
someone mentioned teachers and social workers mistaking misbehavior for mental disorders. Prescribing kids meds they never needed.
Yes! a lot of ADHD diagnosis' for young children. Drugs have always been a way to control populations though. I remember seeing this documentary about black women in prison and if they had nothing else, they had drugs to keep everyone calm and submissive. They want the same for schools and on one hand I understand because you're dealing with a lot of kids, but on the other hand i say change the curriculum so kids are doing hands on, exploratory learning. Sitting all day listening, is not fun for anyone.