What if there is no housing market crash?

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
With inflation how is there supposed to be a crash, stock market, real estate etc. Are people being priced out of a house going to change the prices of the home? Someone school me on this?

TL15

Veteran
Daps
The economics will cause an eventual market change one way or the other.

Let’s say: prices keep going up

average people get priced out of the market

banks have to lower lending requirements to accommodate

people get homes that they can’t afford

homes go into foreclosure

Market is now saturated with foreclosured homes

home prices go down

it’ll happen, it’s just a matter of when.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
yeah no. not anymore. due to a lack of regulation, private equity and capital firms are buying up homes to rent. they have practically unlimited capital and can handle rate adjustments more than consumers/individuals

this isn't 2007/2008, things have gotten worse in a lot of ways

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
No crash. What we might see is a correction but I myself don’t see any indication of that. This is my opinion based on what I’ve seen and read. When spring hit, the same people plus more are going to be in the market for a home. What’s going to cause a crash is the market being flooded with homes. The question is what is going to trigger that happening.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The economics will cause an eventual market change one way or the other.

Let’s say: prices keep going up

average people get priced out of the market

banks have to lower lending requirements to accommodate

people get homes that they can’t afford

homes go into foreclosure

Market is now saturated with foreclosured homes

home prices go down

it’ll happen, it’s just a matter of when.
I doubt it'll happen anytime soon simply because these hedge funds and corporate entities have virtually unlimited amounts of $$$$$$ and politicians are their bytches.

Oh and the public is either too dumb, too exhausted dealing with life or too busy consuming misinformation and entertainment to realize it.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Rampant homelessness and crime gonna trigger the crash. If Too many people are broke, then the economy cannot grow. Then comes in the regulations that you should not charge more than 15% of any one person's monthly income on a basic place to live.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I wonder how these new services that offer fractional investments of real estate are going to affect this :jbhmm:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
With inflation how is there supposed to be a crash, stock market, real estate etc. Are people being priced out of a house going to change the prices of the home? Someone school me on this?
Sorry but prices won't come down.

It's a mixture of so many things like population, economy, supply, location, wealth, debt, financing etc. The system is just failing and people are going poor.

You know when you see vids of poor countries and all the people can do is hangout. Well.....that's the future. Everyone is going to be broke, but not poverty broke.

The populations spending power will just keep getting weaker and weaker.