What is it with WWE hosting events on Saturdays now?

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Is this going to be a regular thing? I don't have a problem with it in terms of WrestleMania. That event got more bloated over the years, so splitting it up in two nights made it a lot easier to watch and increased the potential for more GOAT-level WrestleManias in the future.

SummerSlam was supposed to be on Sunday this year, but they moved it to Saturday for a reason. I understood that.

But why is the Royal Rumble on a Saturday next year? That's just strange. :what: Is this just for the big shows, or is this going to keep happening?

Might as well go back to the era of holding events on weekdays at 4pm. :mjlol:

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
Just did a quick check on Google.

Apparently, the rumble is on Saturday because of the nfc championship game being on Sunday Jan 30th. Since they have 1 extra week (17 games) they're championship games are coming a week later to. So every Sunday in january(I assume, I don't watch football like that) has a football playoff game

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Just did a quick check on Google.

Apparently, the rumble is on Saturday because of the nfc championship game being on Sunday Jan 30th. Since they have 1 extra week (17 games) they're championship games are coming a week later to. So every Sunday in january(I assume, I don't watch football like that) has a football playoff game

Okay, that makes sense. I never thought about the possibility of the WWE competing with the playoffs because there was never a reason to.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Conference championship games will start on Sunday, January 30th. The AFC Championship will be played at 3:05 pm ET on CBS, and the NFC Championship will be played at 6:30 pm ET on FOX. Super Bowl 56 will be played on February 13, 2022 at SoFi Stadium, Inglewood, CA.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
I sometimes forget NFL is now a 17 game season so it pushed their Conference Championships on the usual Royal Rumble Sunday. I wonder if they'll keep the Rumble on a Saturday in the future or move it to the first Sunday of February since the Super Bowl is going to be played in mid-February now.

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps
I heard Nick Khan also say he thinks people are more likely to travel farther for a ppv on a Saturday then a Sunday because most people have work on Monday. So if they go to an event on Saturday they can stay overnight. He said this about vegas anyway.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I heard Nick Khan also say he thinks people are more likely to travel farther for a ppv on a Saturday then a Sunday because most people have work on Monday. So if they go to an event on Saturday they can stay overnight. He said this about vegas anyway.
This the exact reason as to why. Saturday allows more flexibility in time for both parties involved.