What is the Coli's opinion of The Planet of the Apes Movies?

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
man the last one has one of my favorite scenes ever

ceaser: y’all can’t come. I might not make it back

maurice: that’s why I’m coming with you so u can make it back

i damn near cried. im like the only person I see talk about that scene, shyt was powerful. All Ceasers boys was ready to ride or die with him :mjcry:

amazing franchise

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
man the last one has one of my favorite scenes ever

ceaser: y’all can’t come. I might not make it back

maurice: that’s why I’m coming with you so u can make it back

i damn near cried. im like the only person I see talk about that scene, shyt was powerful. All Ceasers boys was ready to ride or die with him :mjcry:

amazing franchise
Maurice (named after the actor who played the OG Dr. Zaius) was an underrated character in the trilogy. Caesar and Koba get all of the love, but Maurice was the second best character in Caesar-trilogy for me. He is the exact opposite of Koba despite also having bad experiences with humans, he is still open and kind to humans. And unlike Caesar, Maurice said right at the start of the film that not all apes are good, something Caesar learnt by the end of the film. Maurice is truly the wisest character in the new trilogy films. I'm glad they gave him a decent amount of screen time unlike Rocket.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
He showed up on The Tonight Show tipsy and in ape makeup.

:mjlol:wonder what prompted him to give up the fake euro trash accent, because up until like the 2010's dude was still talking like the penguin in interviews and shyt. His real voice is even funnier

Last edited:

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
this trilogy was forgotten due to Marvel fanaticism
I cant believe I missed this - just finished watching rise, dawn and war and Cesar's aura is unmatched

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Is the 2001 one not considered a part of the series? I see it was omitted here
It flopped so it wasnt claimed anymore. Red headed step child of the series like Halloween 3. Plus they tried to reboot it so its best left forgotten

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
With the new movie upcoming, I'm wondering if I should do a deep dive. I don't remember watching the older ones.

This is the supposed Chronological Order:

• Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)
  • Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)
  • War for the Planet of the Apes (2017)
  • Planet of the Apes (1968)
  • Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970)
  • Escape from the Planet of the Apes (1971)
  • Conquest of the Planet of the Apes (1972)
  • Battle for the Planet of the Apes (1973)
  • Planet of the Apes (1968) - I finally got around to watching this. Good movie. To me it felt like a random episode of Star Trek, I can almost picture Captain Kirk in the role that Charlton Heston played. It doesn't quite line up with some of the details that the new movies are building which I guess means that they will get around to making a new reiteration of the film eventually. Probably would give it a 7.5/10. I prefer Rise, Dawn and War over it.

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
the original Planet of the Apes with Charleton Heston was the best one

I could never get into the modern remakes

Anybody remember the one that came out in like 2001 with Mark Whalberg...man that sh1t sucked

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
  • Planet of the Apes (1968) - I finally got around to watching this. Good movie. To me it felt like a random episode of Star Trek, I can almost picture Captain Kirk in the role that Charlton Heston played. It doesn't quite line up with some of the details that the new movies are building which I guess means that they will get around to making a new reiteration of the film eventually. Probably would give it a 7.5/10. I prefer Rise, Dawn and War over it.
Someone here said a few years ago that the original Planet of the Apes reminded them of an episode of the old Twilight Zone series. I told them that makes sense, considering Rod Serling, the creator of the Twilight Zone, wrote the original Planet of the Apes.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I just finished binging on dawn, rise and war since they’re all on Hulu. One thing I was thinking; why haven’t they made some sort of open world game based on this IP? There’s a lot of potential.

Also, while I didn’t watch them when they came out, I’m glad I waited a little, it actually feels better to watch them all the way down since it’s basically the Ceaser trilogy.