What is the reason Jean Grae never blew up?

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats how Hip Hop used to be. I remember not knowing what Grand Master Flash and Doug E Fresh looked like when they were at their prime. Hell it was kinda like that right before Youtube and the popularity of Myspace because I remember when no one knew what Papoose looked like and for a minute there was this I guess inside joke about how no one knew what Keysha Cole looked like when she first came out.

How old are you breh ?

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
I always felt she's nice but has a bland voice and personality, which carries over to bland music. I don't ever seem to feel one way or the other about her music- I don't think it's hot and I don't think it's wack. I'm probably not the only person who thinks this, and that's the worst possible music someone could make. It's not even polarizing, it's just... there.

This right here. Couldn't have said it better.
It's just there. Not moving me much.

℃ertifed

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I always felt she's nice but has a bland voice and personality, which carries over to bland music. I don't ever seem to feel one way or the other about her music- I don't think it's hot and I don't think it's wack. I'm probably not the only person who thinks this, and that's the worst possible music someone could make. It's not even polarizing, it's just... there.
Thus, J Cole

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
exposure for the most part.. She lacked the big cosign. lots of things.

Im not gonna say its just the cosign. Hell, who been more cosigned than Janelle Monae and she still flops hard?