What Is your favorite moment from an era you liked the least?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
cm-punk-pipe-bomb-o.gif
followed by him winning the title at money in the bank.

Shyt felt so raw (pause, no pun intended) and so real and unpredictable and i was legitimately excited about wrestling in a way I hadn't been since middle school (97-2000)

Had they handled that right and handled him right, we'd be in a whole different place with the product right now and they'd be better off creatively

GOATpernick

Troy, the God
Supporter
Daps
WCW 2000 was garbage :scust: but the one thing they did right that I really enjoyed was watching Lance Storm go beast mode on everyone, winning 3 different championships back to back to back in weeks and holding them all at the same time is still :wow:

Storm was a deadly midcarder :heh:

dpED9zL.gif

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
Jeff Hardy's first WWE Title win.
Idk if you listen to Jericho podcast with Freddie Prince Jr he talk about how he wrote alot of Jeff promo around that time and he was one of the guys who was pushing Vince to give Jeff the belt.

He said alot of the promos talked about drug but vince couldnt understand. Is he an cot damm hippy had me:deadmanny:
:deadmanny:at Cena calling him Ashon Kutcher for months

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Idk if you listen to Jericho podcast with Freddie Prince Jr he talk about how he wrote alot of Jeff promo around that time and he was one of the guys who was pushing Vince to give Jeff the belt.

He said alot of the promos talked about drug but vince couldnt understand. Is he an cot damm hippy had me:deadmanny:
:deadmanny:at Cena calling him Ashon Kutcher for months

I hadn't heard that one but I will check it out

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The mid-90s was plain damn terrible for the most part...

But Austin's 3:16 promo :lawd:

The only thing worse than WWF circa-'95, is WWE circa 2007-08... but that Michaels/Jericho feud... :myman:

cosign homie about Lance Storm during WCW 2000... it was like watching one good kid make it in life while the rest of his siblings wallowed in mediocrity.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
It didn't make Bryan a star..it was done really to stifle Bryan because he was so hot after post WM 28. He was getting cheered over Punk over at Over the Limit 2012 in FULL HEEL mode. But it was all for naught because he caught fire as soon as he went singles.
shut up clown

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
The mid-90s was plain damn terrible for the most part...

But Austin's 3:16 promo :lawd:

The only thing worse than WWF circa-'95, is WWE circa 2007-08... but that Michaels/Jericho feud... :myman:

cosign homie about Lance Storm during WCW 2000... it was like watching one good kid make it in life while the rest of his siblings wallowed in mediocrity.

Agree with both of those, but I'd have to include 06 as part of that. Smackdown was the goods in 08, but Raw was basically HBK/Jericho and nothing else. 09-11 may have been mediocre, but 06-07 was downright abysmal. The aftermath of Eddie's death, Benoit's death, and the total botching of the ECW brand characterized that era. If I wasn't at work, I'd write a lengthy very salt-filled post about WWECW

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
Rhodes brothers beating The Shield at Battleground a few years back. Last few years haven't been great but that was a truly epic moment. Great match, great finish - Cody hit the best Cross-rhodes that he ever did, the shyt looked like it was in slow motion the way he dropped it. Dusty crying at the end :to:

Really enjoyed that.

That and Bryan winning at Wrestlemania 30.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps

:russ:

When are they going to change that layout so no one dies on those fukking announce tables? Same setup and technology for at least 20+ years.

That whole Benoit road to the belt was :wow:

Shield v Wyatt family was the last time I really marked out for a story.

Hope

God's Grace
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Shango/Warrior feud was fun when Warrior was vomiting all over the place. Yokozuna crushing Hulk and Bret was also great. Hated top faces as a kid, but didn't care for wrestling too much then, it seemed a lil dull. Think this was all 92-94.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
CM Punk's pipebomb. A co-worker was telling me about it at work the day after. I was like "CM Punk? The dude that was doing that straight edge bull on Smackdown?" I had stopped watching wrestling on a regular basis around the time the nWo debuted in the WWE in 2002 and only watched a few times here and there up until 2011. So I went on youtube that night and saw the pipebomb and I was like :damn:. Started watching wrestling on a regular basis after that. I don't watch it religiously like I used to like in the mid-late 90's but CM Punk made me a wrestling fan again:mjcry:.