What Is Zaytoven's Place In Hip Hop After Producing This?

JackRoss

Veteran
Daps
I mean him and Gucci had me in my early late teens early 20s. That was a long time ago.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Jazze was biting that sine whistle heavy.

Ciara’s “1-2 Step”
Jeezy - “Throw Ya Hood Up”/“Bang muhfukkas bang” can’t remember name of song

That whack ass "Me and You Girl, we can do thang"

ASS!!

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Zay got some bops, but that song in the OP got me speechless.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
If you say this dude is wack then you don't got a musical bone in your body :wow:

That was supposed to be Future's Tiny Desk but dude cancelled last minute.
If you aren't a true musician that would've been a disaster or a complete cancel.

Instead dude flipped it to be one of the most memorable pure producer Tiny Desk performances.
Whether he put the arrangement together last minute or had to improvise with who they had, that shyt takes talent. A true producer top to bottom.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Zaytoven is talented. That's not even a question, but people overrate him on this board as a producer just because he can play instruments. His discography is light, too light to be putting him in GOAT discussions. It's not even a diss to Zay, but just out of Atlanta, these producers are better:

Organized Noize
Jermaine Dupri
DJ Toomp
Polow Da Don (the Rich Boy album alone)
Shawty Redd
Earthtone III
Mike Will Made It
Metro Boomin

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Zaytoven is talented. That's not even a question, but people overrate him on this board as a producer just because he can play instruments. His discography is light, too light to be putting him in GOAT discussions. It's not even a diss to Zay, but just out of Atlanta, these producers are better:

Organized Noize
Jermaine Dupri
DJ Toomp
Polow Da Don (the Rich Boy album alone)
Shawty Redd
Earthtone III
Mike Will Made It
Metro Boomin
What the fukk ever happened to Toomp?

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
If you say this dude is wack then you don't got a musical bone in your body :wow:

That was supposed to be Future's Tiny Desk but dude cancelled last minute.
If you aren't a true musician that would've been a disaster or a complete cancel.

Instead dude flipped it to be one of the most memorable pure producer Tiny Desk performances.
Whether he put the arrangement together last minute or had to improvise with who they had, that shyt takes talent. A true producer top to bottom.

What the fukk any of this got to do with anything? Zays beats and musical arrangements are trash.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, are none of us going to ask how the fukk whoever is running this shyt with the old lady from the OP even got the beat?

Because if this is one of those cases where they just bought the beat from a website, or some pack he had up for offer, I think that might answer the question on what his standing is for us.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Lol @ nggas acting like the south makes real music :pachaha:

This ain’t beneath them :heh:so this does nothing to his ’place in hip hop’

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:gucci:Asinine. Zay been in the game for 20 years. Classics on classics. Only nikka from his era still relevant today.

And none of what you said has anything to do with what I posted, unless you want to tell me how this some how makes him better than the producers I listed.