What made Escape from Butcher Bay so damn classic brehs?

OmegaK2099

Air Jordan
Daps
tcor-escape-from-butcher-bay.jpg

Been thinking about this game a lot and how much I loved playing it. But Its been a long time since I last gave it a spin (a couple when it was released on PS3 with Dark Athena)

It's definitely one of the X Box's best titles, up there with KOTOR and Halo (I think it might have been tied with KOTOR 2 for best game that year.) But what I remember liking about it was the combat being so good. It was damn near like the Condemned. The stealth was on point and the RPG elements are what made the game for me(well for the time, it probably doesn't hold up) the voice acting was top notch too and it really did feel like being in a movie.

So what do yall remember about it? Anyone replay it recently? Does it hold up?

"It aint the fall that gets ya..it's the sudden stop at the bottom."

Last edited:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
I got this on PS3, I was just thinking of firing it up the other day. Just might tonight

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
One of the first FPS's to do first person kills, beyond that, the combat was trash, however the story and voice acting were top tier for the time.....gameplay wise.....Thief and Splinter Cell had better use of stealth mechanics. I think people forget about the stun gun segments in Butcher Bay...and the horrible melee boss fights.

OnlyFrans

subscribe today!
Supporter
Daps
Ya this one came outta nowhere. Had some high production values compared to your average movie license game. Aint played since the original xbox but I remember enjoyin it a lot

top 20 of 2004.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The actual gameplay was just OK, BUT the production values were top notch and it the level design was very good. It was clear they put a lot of effort into the game and Vin Diesel is a low key nerd and his passion and input helped rise the game above 'just another movie tie in' I belive that was his company as well IIRC.