What makes people instantly become STANS so easily?

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
Nowadays it's like it doesn't take much for people to become die-hard stans/nut huggers...

It's like ppl desperately yearn to be lead by pretty much anybody and all it takes is one hot take or two to be championed/looked upon as some sort of “leader of a resistance” type of shyt...

Is that a reflection of one's self-esteem?

I mean I'll occasionally agree with a person but that's where it usually ends for me. I've never felt the need to suddenly become a stan and start taking nearly everything that person says and does as facts nor look at them as some sort of “leader” that's gonna lead me to the promiseland and then some...

So yeah, why do ppl instantly become stans/nut huggers so easily? What makes a person become like that?

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s part mental illness and part that person had something to do with their childhood and they keep holding onto that person in adulthood

JNew

Superstar
Daps
They have no direction or purpose in their own life, so if they STAN another man or women so they can feel as if they are going in the same direction as there idol. :yeshrug: