what the fukk is wrong with Juan Epstein!?

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I hate to say it but rap radar podcast>>>>>

Is it?

Are they good interviewers? Is it funny?

I'm not really into straight up interview podcasts - I like my pods light and fun, not just "What was it like growing up in Yonkers?" or "What was it like recording your first album?" shyt.

People talk shyt about certain hosts being too central, but if the host isn't funny or interesting, podcsats can get real boring real fast if the guest isn't a funny person him/herself.

That's why I have a hard time getting through Combat Jack's pod. He gets good guests, but he's kinda boring and his show has no "personality" to it.

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing is Rosenberg is continually wrong about basic shyt you should know if you were a 'head" in the 90's. He's always like "really" wow, I didn't know that".....smfh.

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Is it?

Are they good interviewers? Is it funny?

I'm not really into straight up interview podcasts - I like my pods light and fun, not just "What was it like growing up in Yonkers?" or "What was it like recording your first album?" shyt.

People talk shyt about certain hosts being too central, but if the host isn't funny or interesting, podcsats can get real boring real fast if the guest isn't a funny person him/herself.

That's why I have a hard time getting through Combat Jack's pod. He gets good guests, but he's kinda boring and his show has no "personality" to it.

I agree. Combat Jack changed its format recently though, about 2-3 years ago.

Before they were a team on it & the show was funny as hell IMO. Cuz they could mix the comedy & personality well with the interviews. Thats when they had Just Blaze, Dallas Pen, DJ Benhameen, AKing & then Pete whos still on with Combat. That shyt was hilarious. But i don't know what happened. Maybe it was about money or something.

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Oh ok lol preciate it.

Outside of that, Juan Epstein is clearly inspired by Stretch & Bobbito. That's the formula Hot 97 are using with them to reach that core audience more.

Just like Stretch is a jew - Peter is. Just like Bobbito is Puerto Rican - Ciph is. And they about the "real hip-hop" shyt and all. But i do believe it. Not saying anything is fake about it. Just clear
that their using the Stretch & Bob lane. I think they've said it before too. How they mix the lil jokes in too? Very much Stretch & Bobb.

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree. Combat Jack changed its format recently though, about 2-3 years ago.

Before they were a team on it & the show was funny as hell IMO. Cuz they could mix the comedy & personality well with the interviews. Thats when they had Just Blaze, Dallas Pen, DJ Benhameen, AKing & then Pete whos still on with Combat. That shyt was hilarious. But i don't know what happened. Maybe it was about money or something.

See I used to HATE the old format. Dallas Penn was a total a$$hole and the rest rarely had anything to say. And when they'd talk about current events, talk about cringe worthy.

Jack is very good seemingly relaxing his guests and making them feel comfortable and at ease, which is not a common skill amongst podcast hosts. Still think Premium Pete is a bit of a fukk boy, but what can ya do.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Ciph is built to bullshyt because he doesnt seem to know any info about any of the artists he's interviewing half the time

Rosenberg will try to call you out for a line or something that he doesnt understand becuase he's a cac

they are always exposing their lack of knowledge on some shyt

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
Ciph is built to bullshyt because he doesnt seem to know any info about any of the artists he's interviewing half the time

Rosenberg will try to call you out for a line or something that he doesnt understand becuase he's a cac

they are always exposing their lack of knowledge on some shyt
Ciph actually has a decent amount of knowledge about older artists because he was there for a lot of it. It's the newer artists that he doesn't do his research on.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Ciph actually has a decent amount of knowledge about older artists because he was there for a lot of it. It's the newer artists that he doesn't do his research on.
yeah thats true hes been around forever. i def see his name in a lot of the behind the scenes stuff. he was def around for a lot. just seems like in some of those Juan Eps hes just there...

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
yeah thats true hes been around forever. i def see his name in a lot of the behind the scenes stuff. he was def around for a lot. just seems like in some of those Juan Eps hes just there...
Lol yeah I know what you mean. I'm amazed that he doesn't smoke weed because I always got the vibe that he's just spaced out in the studio not really paying attention to whoever they're interviewing lol.