What was the Greatest Hip Hop Label of All Time?

What was the Greatest Hip Hop Label of All Time?

• Total voters

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Ok when I say greatest hip hop label I don't just mean a bunch of good rappers on 1 label but they were never huge as an entire label and couldn't drop albums consistently one after another. The label needs to be a clique, where they were able to release a bunch of highly successful records

And I'm talking about these Labels at their PEAK

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Death Row on the strength of its catalog and vault alone. It seemed like EVERYONE chilled with each other for a decent amount of time (up until 96-97) and the main cats (Dre, Snoop, Suge, DPG, Pac) all shined when the spotlight was specifically on them. Obviously the fukkery did them in, in the end, but when you see some shyt like that 95 Source Awards performance or even the 96 House of Blues concert, you felt like you wanted to be apart of that shyt even tho the chance of some shyt poppin off was always present.

They had the music, manpower, money, gangsta shyt, the producers, artists, reputation, location and sales to shut shyt down. They prolly coulda got a good 4-5 extra years outta their run if the label was also run by someone who wasnt constantly on some gangsta shyt. Imagine a west coast Dame Dash rollin with Death Row back then. Someone who was very smart and got shyt done regardless.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
Death Row on the strength of its catalog and vault alone. It seemed like EVERYONE chilled with each other for a decent amount of time (up until 96-97) and the main cats (Dre, Snoop, Suge, DPG, Pac) all shined when the spotlight was specifically on them. Obviously the fukkery did them in, in the end, but when you see some shyt like that 95 Source Awards performance or even the 96 House of Blues concert, you felt like you wanted to be apart of that shyt even tho the chance of some shyt poppin off was always present.
Classic

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

classic shyt. Quik was rapping as "David Blake" at the time while was working at Death Row because of contract obligations and fukkin bombed on MC Eiht right there in front of everyone. And it wasn't like Eiht could do anything because Death Row was in there deep. Tha Row was the perfect fit for bi-polar ass Quik at the time, who was flat out wilding out back in those days

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
classic shyt. Quik was rapping as "David Blake" at the time while was working at Death Row because of contract obligations and fukkin bombed on MC Eiht right there in front of everyone. And it wasn't like Eiht could do anything because Death Row was in there deep. Tha Row was the perfect fit for bi-polar ass Quik at the time, who was flat out wilding out back in those days
Quik got the red rag and everything lol

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Doesn't really fit your criteria (although Mobb and Wu did tracks together) but I vote Loud. Off the strength of Infamous, OBFCL and 36.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
death row records

sugeknight-1.jpg

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I preferred Death Row but I had to cast for Cash Money the sustainability is remarkable for the turnover in hip-hop music.

Double J

Banned
Daps
Where is Shady/Aftermath? Their run from 99-05 was :whew: They had 50, Em, Dre, Banks, Buck, Game, G-Unit as a group, Obie Trice and D12 all with platinum or multiplatinum albums.

2001, MMLP, The Eminem Show, Devil's Night, GRODT, and The Documentary were all classics as well.