What was your reaction to it being revealed the Rikishi Ran Down Stone cold?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I forgot that was their way of trying to salvage it by making it look like HHH was some mastermind all along :laff::laff:
Him revealing in Nov 2000 on Raw during that Austin vs Rikishi/Angle handicap match is one of the funniest things ever done on Raw. Then they had Rikiishi do the banzai drop on Austin. Jim Ross almost had me crying..like I was hit with laughing gas.
"HIS HEART. I SWEAR TO GOD THAT WILL STOP YOUR HEART!!":laugh:

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
further proof this company.
was more inept on two different occasion in a decade.
during the boom period than the idiotic lame reveal.
that ric flair is the black scorpion.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Well they did retcon it by making it being Cripple H as the puppeteer of it. Like when Madelyne Pryor went wild in the X men and then they had it being Sinister pulling strings from day one.

this was never written as well.
as the sinister Pryor reveal in xfactor 36, if i remember right.

art barr

ddoucette214

Rookie
Daps
I remember that night I was at my cousins birthday dinner so I couldn’t watch it. I called my mom to see if she could turn on Raw and tell me what happened.

Shes not a fan, but she described to me what happened exactly and I was confused af.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
While I think Rikishi is cool, I still feel conflicted that the only 6 Man Hell in a Cell was Him vs. Taker/Stone Cold/Rock/HHH/Angle.

You had Benoit, Jericho, Kane, Hardys, and Eddie Guerrero on that card. :wow:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Seems he feels the same way as you guys

It made no damn sense. In 2000 he was by far one of the most popular superstars on the roster. I can understand why they choose Rikishi though.

Around that time period Triple H was slowly becoming a crowd favorite during the whole love triangle with Angle and Steph. And I’m sure creative wanted to see how far they can push that line of Hunter becoming a borderline face. So turning him heel against Austin would kill all that when they had a good thing going.

But when they saw how the fans weren’t falling for Rikishi’s heel turn. They went back to Hunter being the “mastermind.”