What was your reaction when you first heard Nailz real voice?

Ruby'sRevolver

Man in the Black Hat
Daps
The most memorable thing for me about Nailz was when he attacked Vince in his office.

From the Observer:

Probably the most talked about item of the past week revolves around the firing of Nailz (Kevin Wacholz) from the WWF on 12/14. It has been confirmed by many that there was a physical altercation between Wacholz, 34, and McMahon, 47. Wacholz had not talked about the incident publicly as of press time, apparently on advice from his lawyer, although he filed a police report immediately after the incident. The only official Titan word that I know of from last week was that a memo was released late 12/14 that Wacholz was terminated immediately for unprofessional conduct. Apparently Wacholz, who lives in Minneapolis and had a reputation as a street fighter and had won a tough-man contest in the Twin Cities before becoming a pro wrestler in 1984, was meeting with McMahon in a locker room at about 4:30 p.m. before the television tapings that evening in Green Bay. A few Titan officials who were near the room started hearing loud shouts coming from the room. According to one source, some thought it was just another wrestler shouting really loudly while doing a promo, but there was a very audible "I want my f---ing money." Apparently the argument was involving Wacholz' payoff from the Summer Slam PPV show, which he had apparently just received and thought was too low. After the argument grew more heated, those listening heard what sounded like a punch or a thud, and some WWF officials opened the door to find Wacholz on top of McMahon, and he had his hands around McMahon's throat, with the latter helpless. The two were then pulled apart by four agents.

"The discussion was about money," WWF spokesman Steve Planamenta said. "I guess he wasn't happy with his pay. What happened after that is he jumped on Vince. Police came and then we have a police report that alleges Vince did things that were a fabrication." A police report was filed two days later by Officer Scott Semb of the Brown County Sheriff's Department listing Wacholz as the victim and McMahon as the suspect in an alleged sexual assault. In the report, Wacholz claimed he pushed McMahon away, knocking him to the floor. At that time agents and wrestlers came in and separated the two. The police report said that at the time the locker room door was partially open and the victim (Wacholz) believes the three "witnesses" may have seen or heard something. Wacholz claimed it was the second time McMahon assaulted him, the first being last month in Madison Square Garden.

WWF official Earl Hebner said he was five or six feet away, looking through the door, which was open, when the incident took place. Hebner said that McMahon and Wacholz had been arguing for 45 minutes to an hour about Wacholz' Summer Slam payoff. Wacholz apparently just received the payoff and was complaining it was too small and according to Earl Hebner, demanded more money. "He (Wacholz) launched across the room, grabbed him by the throat and threw him down," said Earl Hebner. At that point, Sgt. Slaughter, Gorilla Monsoon, Dave Hebner and Arnold Skaaland came in and pulled Wacholz off McMahon. "Kevin ran to the phone and called 911 and told the police to come down because he'd been sexually assaulted," Earl Hebner recalled. "Not a chance. There's no way. He couldn't have pulled out a gun as fast as Nailz was on him." The police arrived 15 to 20 minutes later. Listed in the police report were three witnesses, Robert R. Remus (Sgt. Slaughter), 44, of Weston, CT, Arnold Skaaland, 67, of Elmsford, NY and Owen J. Hart, 27 of Calgary. The case was turned over on 12/15 to the Brown Country District Attorneys office. McMahon, listed as the suspect in the case, had not been charged as of Monday. Dan Klares Associates, a public relations firm that handles Titan Sports, made a statement on 12/21 to the New York Post that the wrestler (Wacholz) was trying to extort $150,000 from McMahon.

For whatever this is worth, the general consensus within the wrestling business is that Wacholz' story isn't believed. However, in many quarters and among many wrestlers, both in the WWF and out, Wacholz has turned into something of a hero, in bar talk, "for having the guts to pop McMahon." While the bitterness among so many toward McMahon in this business is not a surprise, I was surprised at the reaction of so many toward the incident. If what Wacholz claimed in the police report is true, so be it. If it isn't, I'm sorry, but McMahon doesn't deserve to be put in this position, no matter what he may have done or who he may have upset in the past, for something he didn't do. Titan Sports is turning more into a jungle of litigation than it is a wrestling company.