What would EA be without Apex Legends, Epic without Fortnite, Activision without Warzone, Take two without 2K? Gamers are whiny-the thread.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
We got 3 sequels of games in 7th gen that all added up to be the length of one major game release now, and they all played and looked almost exactly the same lol
My thing with that is that has always been the case. But now we have to hear from people about how things suck, nothing is original and OMG why can’t games just be good they say. Meanwhile, I remember the days of going to the video game store, and flipping through crap. All the Resident Evil sequels and spin-offs with the same controls. The Tomb Raiders that were all the same.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
My thing with that is that has always been the case. But now we have to hear from people about how things suck, nothing is original and OMG why can’t games just be good they say. Meanwhile, I remember the days of going to the video game store, and flipping through crap. All the Resident Evil sequels and spin-offs with the same controls. The Tomb Raiders that were all the same.

Exactly

It’s really just older gamers that want that childhood magic back. That’s why state of the art graphics are so appealing to some people.

Daps
The '90s were mostly colorful platformers and colorful JRPGs

The wild thing is that there is more variety than ever because of a healthy indie scene. People are making new games that are like those '80s, '90s, and '00s games that big publishers don't fund anymore. Gamers are just never happy.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Exactly

It’s really just older gamers that want that childhood magic back. That’s why state of the art graphics are so appealing to some people.
This assumption that because we have pleasant memories of something, that it was always good all the time, a desire to get that back ignores all the good that's come since then, as well as all the bad stuff that was there too. It’s chasing something that never existed.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This assumption that because we have pleasant memories of something, that it was always good all the time, a desire to get that back ignores all the good that's come since then, as well as all the bad stuff that was there too. It’s chasing something that never existed.

Also the reason im not much of a retro gamer. I just can’t ignore how janky some old games are and the lack of accessbility shyt.

i played the god of war trilogy and literally having to mash buttons to get shyt to open was making my hands hurt

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The solution is going to be that you can’t really tread the same water another giant is occupying. You can’t impede on the fortnite or warzone audience.

Thats why i keep saying A Twisted Metal game would actually work today. It’s esssentially rocket league with PVP shooting elements. Like helldivers it also has the command code gimmick to do super moves and abilities. There’s also the story aspect thats tied to it

Concord im not really sure about,
Someone could definitely take the Warzone audience. Activision has horrifically mismanaged that game mode.

If Battlefield (or something else) got their shyt together and dropped a quality FPS BR with 150+ players, they could definitely steal a large chunk of the Warzone player base.

People are ready to jump ship but there isn't another option and no, Apex does not count or compare.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Someone could definitely take the Warzone audience. Activision has horrifically mismanaged that game mode.

If Battlefield (or something else) got their shyt together and dropped a quality FPS BR with 150+ players, they could definitely steal a large chunk of the Warzone player base.

People are ready to jump ship but there isn't another option and no, Apex does not count or compare.

Idk my friends that play that shyt literally don’t and won’t play anything else… COD for people is like 2k or madden for some people, it’s all they own a console for

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Idk my friends that play that shyt literally don’t and won’t play anything else… COD for people is like 2k or madden for some people, it’s all they own a console for
You aren't wrong with what you're saying, but people forget the franchise was declining for years, despite being at or near the top of the sales chart forever, before MW2019. That and Warzone resurrected the franchise.

WZ2 was a massive step back from the original and the current update still isn't as good. They took away everyone's skins and made people re-buy "updated" versions, then jacked the price up on cosmetics and even introduced this Blackcell nonsense that is $30 because the player base has been dropping. The servers are fukking garbage too. By far the worst of the major multiplayer shooter games.

It's still #1 on the block by a mile...all I'm saying if someone dropped a legit competitor, people would be open to it. Is Concord gonna have a BR mode? If it does with the same monetization as Helldivers 2 ($2-5 max cosmetics), it'll have people intrigued if it's good and willing to give it a shot.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You aren't wrong with what you're saying, but people forget the franchise was declining for years, despite being at or near the top of the sales chart forever, before MW2019. That and Warzone resurrected the franchise.

WZ2 was a massive step back from the original and the current update still isn't as good. They took away everyone's skins and made people re-buy "updated" versions, then jacked the price up on cosmetics and even introduced this Blackcell nonsense that is $30 because the player base has been dropping. The servers are fukking garbage too. By far the worst of the major multiplayer shooter games.

It's still #1 on the block by a mile...all I'm saying if someone dropped a legit competitor, people would be open to it. Is Concord gonna have a BR mode? If it does with the same monetization as Helldivers 2 ($2-5 max cosmetics), it'll have people intrigued if it's good and willing to give it a shot.

I don’t think concord is going for the COD crowd…they are going for the apex/overwatch crowd.

There are rumors of another new studio being formed at SIE with ex-treyarch people

Maybe they’re working on a new SOCOM or something lol

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Only thing I think the gaming industry really needs is some fresh ideas/content. I feel like gaming use to be like that years ago, more developers, different ideas.

But, I feel that could be the gaming climate now too, unfortunately. Like, what we’re getting is what we’re taking and asking for. So, it’s partly the consumers’ fault. That’s probably the more worse case scenario.

All those other issues you see happening are just a part of business.