What's The Difference Between Latino & Hispanic? (Could Spaniards Be Considered Hispanic?)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I know it's not a race because there's Black Hispanic :jawalrus: Yeah, I do my research. It's crazy some Hispanic think the term Hispanic is a racial term though:snoop:

Anyway, what's the difference between Latino and Hispanic? Because I know Hispanic can refer to someone in Latin and Central America.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't fukkin know.
In my opinion (which is wrong), hispanic should just refer to Haitians and Dominicans...since we occupy the island of Hispaniola...ergo...hispanic.

But I don't have a goddamn clue.

Paul Mooney called us "nikkas than can swim"....so there's that...too.
:manny:

Pro
Daps
Hispanic is for people who's ancestry derives from Spain. Latino is for people who live in Latin America. Most Latinos are Hispanic also and people from Spain are Hispanic but not Latino. So the term Latino was made to distinguish between the Hispanics in Spain and the Hispanics in Latin America. Your history lesson for the day :feedme:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Hispanic is for people who's ancestry derives from Spain. Latino is for people who live in Latin America. Most Latinos are Hispanic also and people from Spain are Hispanic but not Latino. So the term Latino was made to distinguish between the Hispanics in Spain and the Hispanics in Latin America. Your history lesson for the day :feedme:
Thanks breh :salute:

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Hispania was the Roman name for the Iberian(Spain and Portugal) penninsula and so hispanics are people from those 2 countries. Latinos are what we have here in the Americas.