whats the logic behind letting the defense put there forearm on ur back while ur posting up?

Brandon M.

City of Angels
Daps
how did this come about?

i understand the reasoning but I just wanna know if it has been like that since the invention by Naismith

YaBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its easier to spin off & hook a post defender when he puts his hands on your back
ImpressiveWellgroomedIndianrockpython.gif

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Op back in the day you could use two hands in a post players back. I believe after the rockets vs Knicks final the league changed this rule to clean up the game. They made it illegal to use two hands and that you could only use the arm bar on post players.

Other changes they made after the 1994 finals Knicks vs rockets was they moved the 3 line in and they clelaned up hand checking.

Brandon M.

City of Angels
Daps
Op back in the day you could use two hands in a post players back. I believe after the rockets vs Knicks final the league changed this rule to clean up the game. They made it illegal to use two hands and that you could only use the arm bar on post players.

Other changes they made after the 1994 finals Knicks vs rockets was they moved the 3 line in and they clelaned up hand checking.
my point is how did it become automatic that any contact was allowed during a back to the basket play

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
my point is how did it become automatic that any contact was allowed during a back to the basket play
used to be you could do it at ANY time... it's actually only allowed in the post now, where it was allowed anywhere on the damn court.... you could also do a lot of other shyt too... but lets not start THAT argument up again

Brandon M.

City of Angels
Daps
leverage, protect the ball, u never play ball?
of course ive played ball.my point is how did they decipher when u could touch and offensive player and when u couldnt...obviously no touching is allowed in a face up

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
people are missing the point

he's not asking why a player lets the defender put a forearm in his back, he's asking why the rules allow it