Whats the point of buying a low-end acura when you can get a dope ass Accord for way less?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Acura ILX is a rebadged Civic.
Acura ILX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're paying for the extras and the name.
OP didn't know this already its kind of a dumb question. The answer never changes you want the name over the more common stuff when you can get it. This is the same just about everything don't see how this is a question. I agree with @Mr210 why didn't OP ask the owner instead of,waiting to get home and post here

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
A few years ago there were some styling/power differences but now the Acura badge is so watered down.

The only saving grace is the NSX which is out of other people's reach.
????

The Integra was just a fancy ass Civic and people loved it. ILX is no different.

Admittedly, now with the brand new Civic the current ILX is kind of pointless. But compared to the last Civic the ILX is based on, the ILX has

- better transmission- dual clutch 8 speed not available on Civic
- better interior
- better styling
- LED headlights not available on Civic
- better engine- 2.4L with direct injection, not available on Civic
- more standard equipment like auto down windows, bluetooth integration etc
- active noise cancellation

Similar story with the TLX. You just get a little bit more and the engine/transmission are upgraded. It works. Lexus ES is just a fancy Toyota Avalon and it's the best selling midsize luxury car by a wide margin

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
????

The Integra was just a fancy ass Civic and people loved it. ILX is no different.

Admittedly, now with the brand new Civic the current ILX is kind of pointless. But compared to the last Civic the ILX is based on, the ILX has

- better interior
- better styling

Similar story with the TLX. You just get a little bit more and the engine/transmission are upgraded. It works. Lexus ES is just a fancy Toyota Avalon and it's the best selling midsize luxury car by a wide margin

Yo those brand new civics are nice especially the touring version, first civic I liked in a long time

gho3st

plata or plomo
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
????

- better interior
- better styling

nah the TLX and ES are different. I'm mostly talking about "Low-end" luxury models from these manufacturers.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
nah the TLX and ES are different. I'm mostly talking about "Low-end" luxury models from these manufacturers.
Even if u limit it to that, I'm not really seeing the problem. This is not new, the first Integra came out in 1986, and was worth the $$$ over the Civic it was based on. I see these cars more like trim levels than whole new cars. Some people might want the basic Civic, some might want it with leather, some might want it with the Acura badge :yeshrug:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Even if u limit it to that, I'm not really seeing the problem. This is not new, the first Integra came out in 1986, and was worth the $$$ over the Civic it was based on. I see these cars more like trim levels than whole new cars. Some people might want the basic Civic, some might want it with leather, some might want it with the Acura badge :yeshrug:
now if they had based it on the new civic then...