What's the point of Instagram, like, what's the endgame?

Lazy Migrant

Migrated
Supporter
Daps
Like I understand the point of other social networks.

Facebook is for keeping in touch with friends and family. Also networking.
Twitter is for getting information, sharing thoughts and info, and participating in a national/global conversation.
LinkedIn is for networking.
Whatsapp is good for communicating with family and friends out the country.
Tumblr and Pinterest is for clipping and sharing things you like.

But Instragram.:wrud:

Serious question. For those who have Instagram please explain it to me. What do you get out of it?

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
:shaq: Meeting up with lost thots . Usually they have their Kik username in their description.

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
I don't have it but some people have the clothing "boutiques".... It's a way to advertise your business without brick and mortar locations and traditional marketing...

People are visual and can be easily tricked by looks...

Most of these boutiques sell cheap swap meet clothes that tear, rip, shrink after one wash and wear...How else can they get their highway hustle on?

Lazy Migrant

Migrated
Supporter
Daps
Tinder is for networking.
Instagram is for self delusion and self importance.

That's what it seems to me too. Like it probably first started out to share photos of activities with friends and cool photos, but it's now just an app to give an ego boost to people who want attention. That and looking at advertisements masquerading as regular photos.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's what it seems to me too. Like it probably first started out to share photos of activities with friends and cool photos, but it's now just an app to give an ego boost to people who want attention. That and looking at advertisements masquerading as regular photos.
I don't have a problem with pictures that reflect your life. Or something interesting if it has a good story in the comments.

Even the occasional selfie is fine.

But it got to the point where people are posting hundreds of memes and bullshyt poetry.

"Girls be like..."
"That face you make when..."
"How the Geno Smith fight went down..."

OMG you're soooooo clever.

Go fukk yaself.

:beli::camby: