What's with the double standard re: the Black Middle Class?

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
I know its TLR but...middle class brehs get all the smoke.

If you say "we was middle class but we was still broke growing up" nikkas accuse you of lying and trying to be hood.

If you say "we was middle class so we didn't have those issues" nikkas call you bougie/siddity/soft

If you say:
I wasn't trying to minimize it but literally every black talking point (besides reparations) is catered to poor black people. Middle class guys such as myself are caught in the middle cuz I am not a fan of the racism in the Republican party but I am also not a fan of this blatant pandering and liberalism the Democrats are trying to push either (cuz black folks are excluded)

Then nikkas say:

There is no Black middle class.

Can you get sick and not be financially wiped out?

Like god damn it's either you one unpaid holiday away from Repo Joe Towing Co. coming through or you a pretend rich breh thats just flexing.

It's literally called MIDDLE class brehs it means you damn sure ain't rich but you damn sure aint broke

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
I grew up in a middle class area in Brooklyn, yet there were still gangs, shootings, robberies, fights daily at school, scamming, drug dealing etc going on. It wasn't on a daily basis type shyt but you would be surprised the amount of shyt I remember happening growing up. It's been calm the last 3 years or so though:ehh:.

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
I grew up in a middle class area in Brooklyn, yet there were still gangs, shootings, robberies, fights daily at school, scamming, drug dealing etc going on. It wasn't on a daily basis type shyt but you would be surprised the amount of shyt I remember happening growing up. It's been calm the last 3 years or so though:ehh:.
*typical TLR repsonse*

Lmao you fake hood ass nikka :heh:

You prolly ate English muffins for breakfast and had a nanny:heh:

(Did I do that right??)

No but on some serious shyt, how much money you make has close to 0% effect on how wild the neighborhood is. We was broke and shyt was bad but it was more affluent areas that you couldn't walk through at night and it was one SUPER tore down apartment complex area that was actually one of the safest areas.

People moved there specifically because the reputation was that it was a waste of time to go steal from there:heh:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I grew up middle class. My Dad was an accountant like me. We moved around a few times, so i went to two highschools, one public and one private.
They bought me a car when i was 16 for my birthday, but it was a cheap $850 saturn.:scusthov:But it worked.:whoo: They bought me new clothes every school year but never any name brand stuff like jordans etc just whatever was on deal at ross or those kinda stores.. We traveled during the summer for vacations, places like seaworld and disneyworld, but we never went overseas to europe or any shyt like that. And we never flew, it was some national lampoons type road trip vacations. I felt rich around poor kids and broke around rich kids for the most part.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I know its TLR but...

My dude. Key word..Its TLR. Where idioits, wannabes, trolls, liars, frauds and fakes roam free.

I totally agree when u say It's literally called MIDDLE class brehs it means you damn sure ain't rich but you damn sure aint broke.
And I've had numerous posters respond to issues that they have no clue about just for the sake of making a comment. At some point it becomes f*ck what these fools think if their response tells me they cant relate I wont even argue with them.

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
I grew up middle class. My Dad was an accountant like me. We moved around a few times, so i went to two highschools, one public and one private.
They bought me a car when i was 16 for my birthday, but it was a cheap $850 saturn.:scusthov:But it worked.:whoo: They bought me new clothes every school year but never any name brand stuff like jordans etc just whatever was on deal at ross or those kinda stores.. We traveled during the summer for vacations, places like seaworld and disneyworld, but we never went overseas to europe or any shyt like that. And we never flew, it was some national lampoons type road trip vacations. I felt rich around poor kids and broke around rich kids for the most part.

sounds like my childhood. My mom is a CPS worker and my Dad owned his own construction business. My parents did the right things to get what the wanted and to get where they wanted to go in life. My dad moved from the back woods of Arkansas to Michigan with $100 in his pocket. My mom grew up with two factory working parents and went to college and got her degree. They wanted us two kids to live a nice life and they did what they needed to do for that. :yeshrug:

We went on hella vacations. Drove to Arkansas a couple times a year to see my grandparents. Went to every family reunion down south.

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
My wife and I catch all types of hate from her family simply for working our way up to middle class. It affects her sometimes....but not me cause I know we ain't doing nothing that they can't do. I'll never feel ashamed for wanting and achieving an "Above average" life for my wife and daughter and I.
The sad part is as soon as you trip up in any way the hate comes in waves.

One of my aunt's actually told my mama she was mad that we planned to pay for daycare instead of leaving my baby with her:dwillhuh:

And then when my BM went back to work and my mama drove up here for a week to watch her while we set that up (the baby didn't have a shot she needed or something) my Aunt made fun of us talmbout "God showed them":dwillhuh:

I wanted to call that stanky hoe and talk sideways:dwillhuh:

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Black "middle class" is kind of a misnomer and has certain people thinking they are wealthier than they really are.

Most black folks IMO are "working class" middle income and are one or two paychecks from being back in "the hood".

IMO the so called "middle-class" or "upper middle-class" blacks are a problem in that they believe and promote a lot of bootstrapping ideas while having no idea of the true state of black wealth.

These wealth reports and articles coming out showing how black folks are sliding from middle class to poor should be a wake up call for us as a group. We really don't have the luxury of having economic and class divisions.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
My wife and I catch all types of hate from her family simply for working our way up to middle class. It affects her sometimes....but not me cause I know we ain't doing nothing that they can't do. I'll never feel ashamed for wanting and achieving an "Above average" life for my wife and daughter and I.
My mother thinks im uppity due to how I conduct my household. She hates when I make comparisons to how I came up, she sees it as a slight against her.
I think this is more due to how she is mentally though.