What’s Wrong With the “What’s Wrong With Men” Discourse

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

Timestamped for the discussion of Reeve's book.

~53:35

"We tell women that you should negotiate your salary, men do it all the time."

This is THE problem with feminism.

These people think that Bill Gates and Donald Trump, Barack and Elon = ALL MEN.

The things they ascribe to all men, are the things that are only about the most successful of men, and specifically white men in America given this is where feminism starts.

Her argument against Reeves' "red shirting" policy - what happens with 14 year old boys and 13 year old girls?

3rd rail topic to me.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Don't know Vaush, but the other "guy"...um so painful to listen to.
Vaush is a leftist YouTuber who discusses a variety of things, but among one of the things he's become known for is calling out progressives/leftist for not effectively reaching out to men. And pointing out how that leads to young men being attrwcted to people like Tate/Peterson.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

FD equates Tate and Kevin Samuels - but they both have different audiences - even if he hates both messages and doesn't realize or care to investigate the nuance.

Vaush is more concerned with the middle school/high school/college guys coming up on Tate, F&F, and the like. And a lot of the appeal of Tate n'nem is at first getting girls, but also the edge lord aspect of it. Vaush is focused on the middle schoolers playing MMO's getting tracked into right wing ideology.

FD, per usual, is Black woman centered and KS is the big bad. But the KS audience is older millennials and Gen X, MEN AND WOMEN. Kevin was a card carrying Republican, probably voted for Trump, read Rollo Tomassi's book etc...but he was also espousing the typical Gen X and older mindset on dating and marriage.

And dare I saw the underlying premise is that 35+, overweight, unattractive women do not DESERVE guys that are making 6 figures - and most men of all types would agree with that. The fact that it's "logical" is probably the strongest thing that Kevin has that many on the other side don't want to deal with.

That said, Vaush vs FD - they're not talking about the same thing, and neither side understands that.

KS was never gonna have 8th graders talking about Average at Best in middle school.
And grown Black Men are not really flocking to Fresh and Fit.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
i hate to sound trite, but this is written for a white audience. we are dealing with a long standing, more soul-crushing, and even more nuanced gender problem in the american black community that largely comes from white domination's intentional overdetermining of black family dynamics on top of whatever new changes in the economy and gender studies that is affecting the whites.
Correct, black boys and men face cumulative disadvantage, and find ourselves in a uniquely dire situation…

… but the only hope of our society acknowledging and meaningfully addressing these issues lies in the plight of white boys and men.
:manny:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
The simple fact is that in general, women overrate their own attractiveness/worth in the dating market and they view any man not in the top 1% of men as essentially invisible and disgusting (a lot of times they don’t even realize they’re limiting themselves to the 1%).

A lot of this is due to dating apps and them believing that they have so many options.

I think at the root of any of these issues is the fact that your average man or woman simply isn’t intelligent and self aware enough to make good decisions and sustain healthy relationships, or they’re dealing with trauma that they need therapy for that affects their choices and judgment. I know several men who literally have removed themselves from the dating pool entirely because of how stressful and draining it is.

I got therapy and didn’t date a woman for years, got back in the game last year and found a wonderful educated woman my age with no kids and no pets/animals and she makes 3x my salary and been with her for 6 months now. If for some reason this doesn’t work out, I’m honestly not sure if I’ll re-enter the dating pool. I doubt I’ll find another woman even close to as good as the one I have.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The simple fact is that in general, women overrate their own attractiveness/worth in the dating market and they view any man not in the top 1% of men as essentially invisible and disgusting (a lot of times they don’t even realize they’re limiting themselves to the 1%).

When I see posts like this, I legitimately have no clue who y'all are interacting with on a daily basis. In the real world I know lots of men and women in long-term relationships and getting married, lots of guys pulling way above their weight. If your take was accurate, then pretty much less than 1% of women would be in a satisfying long-term relationship, and that's not what I see at all. The women who act the way you describe literally aren't anywhere in my circles at all.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
When I see posts like this, I legitimately have no clue who y'all are interacting with on a daily basis. In the real world I know lots of men and women in long-term relationships and getting married, lots of guys pulling way above their weight. If your take was accurate, then pretty much less than 1% of women would be in a satisfying long-term relationship, and that's not what I see at all. The women who act the way you describe literally aren't anywhere in my circles at all.
Big facts!

...even the dustiest of dudes find women to not only date, but to also house and feed them till they get on their feet.

Last edited: