What's yall opinion on "sample snitching"?

Sample Snitching?

• Sample snitching is a no-no

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Who cares

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Artists should be credited and compensated

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
I understand listing a sample if it was cleared, but there’s a lot of guys who wanna be know it all’s in the comment sections and be like “oh such and such used this for ___”. It’s cool and it opens up cats to appreciate the music but a lot of it is clout chasing for these sample websites. As someone who’s spent a lot of bread on rare records and flipped stuff to try and be the most creative I can, that stuff gets on my nerves.

There’s an art to digging for the rarest shyt and flipping it beyond recognition. If it wasn’t cleared, I don’t think it’s cool to speak on it. Let them figure it out. :ufdup:

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I aint got a problem with sample snitching ... whosampled has taught me a lot about the art of sampling

What I have a problem with, is producers taking a sample thats been used a 100 times and just looping it, thinking theyve killed it. And most of the time its a sample that is already a classic hip hop song, and they've sampled it the exact same way ... like wtf fam, you think yours is better than the original or did you just not know about this classic hip hop song? You can tell the culture vultures from the real when shyt like this occurs.

Do your research and due diligence my bruddaz ... why dig in a goldmine thats already been raped .. show us something new

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand listing a sample if it was cleared, but there’s a lot of guys who wanna be know it all’s in the comment sections and be like “oh such and such used this for ___”. It’s cool and it opens up cats to appreciate the music but a lot of it is clout chasing for these sample websites. As someone who’s spent a lot of bread on rare records and flipped stuff to try and be the most creative I can, that stuff gets on my nerves.

There’s an art to digging for the rarest shyt and flipping it beyond recognition. If it wasn’t cleared, I don’t think it’s cool to speak on it. Let them figure it out. :ufdup:

How can you be snitched on if this were true? :jbhmm:

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
How can you be snitched on if this were true? :jbhmm:

Listen to how Havoc flipped the Shook Ones Part 2 sample for example. I’d say that’s pretty far removed from the source material. That’s an artful flip and that’s the reason it took so many years to be revealed. The video showing how it was done, while cool, it still snitching. :mjgrin: