What's your/a good rate on credit card interests these days?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I think some of these banks are fukking with me.

My lowest credit score on all 3 bureaus is 724. I had the Apple Credit card for almost 2 years and never used it. I applied for it when i was gonna buy another Macbook and then ended up buying one cash. Anyway my iPad broke and they couldnt repair it so i decided to upgrade to an iPad Pro and got my niece a new one while i was at it. Since i had the card i went ahead and used it since it was no interest for 12 months.

The same day while i was out i decided to go shopping for a few things and used the same card. I missed a payment by one day and they charged me a late fee. So i logged in to check when the date is usually due so i can have my bank make weekly automatic payments. Little did i know the fukking interest rate on that shyt was over 20%. None of my other cards are over 14% . I called Barclay (apple card company) and ask them to lower my interest rate and while these bums lowered it to 16% too because of my good credit these fukkas acted as if they were doing em a huge favor.

I feel like ive been taking Ls the last 3 years by not paying attention to this shyt. My girl has some dope CCs with dope rewards but she's rich and typically pays her balance off within a month.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I have a Citibank Costco Visa where I think the interest rate is like 27%. I don't care. I only keep CC's for emergencies and shyt that I have the cash to pay back immediately so I can get the cashback rewards. I also have that Apple card. I've never paid a penny in CC interest in my life.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I have a Citibank Costco Visa where I think the interest rate is like 27%. I don't care. I only keep CC's for emergencies and shyt that I have the cash to pay back immediately so I can get the cashback rewards. I also have that Apple card. I've never paid a penny in CC interest in my life.
Breh... I believe Barclay/Apple was charging me something like 24 or 27% too. I cant recall the exact number. I called them immediately and asked why and then asked them to reduce it. That broad acted like she was doing me a huge favor like she was donating her eggs to bring it down for me.

King Poetic

A.K.A. Duke Illington
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County
I have 5 credit cards

And only use 1 constantly...

The other cards are locked up. I might pulled them out to buy a pack of gum just to keep them active

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Breh... I believe Barclay/Apple was charging me something like 24 or 27% too. I cant recall the exact number. I called them immediately and asked why and then asked them to reduce it. That broad acted like she was doing me a huge favor like she was donating her eggs to bring it down for me.

that card gives you double points for restaurants and triple for apple purchases. that's the only time I use it. especially if I was going to make that purchase originally with my debit card.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I have 5 credit cards

And only use 1 constantly...

The other cards are locked up. I might pulled them out to buy a pack of gum just to keep them active
5 seems like a lot. I only have 3.
  1. Apple Visa (Barclay)
  2. USAA American Express
  3. American Airlines Master Card (Citi) for the travel rewards
Edit: I take that back. I also have Macy's card, an Ashley Furniture card and a Brandsmart card. Those are store cards which I use to shop at the specific stores but typically pay them off quickly