When did being a decent human being become synonymous with "political correctness"?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If there's one thing about the current political environment (besides the blatant 'cism) that annoys me it's this.

And I guess Trump exemplifies it, but it's far from just him. But when did "Not being an a$$hole" become a synonym for being "politically correct"? We now seem to be in a political environment where simply being respectful of people and not going out of your way to be an a$$hole is considered a moral failing.

Anybody else starting to feel like this? This whole anti-PC movement seems to be at the point where it's really just an excuse for people to express their bigoted opinions and accuse anybody who criticizes them of being sensitive or members of the PC police.

It's more than annoying these days. :mindblown:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
a lot of people here fall for this bullshyt too. there's no shortage of "damn this country is getting p*ssy" etc etc etc

Yeah it's kind of ridiculous to see dudes :cape:for people who really just want to be able to call them the N-word to their faces. :francis:

But to be fair we do have a lot of trolls from st0rmfr0nt, etc. in here lately so I'd take it with a grain of salt to some extent.

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"PC culture" promotes fakeness. Its the outright suppression of your true feelings to not suffer the wrath of the easily offended. The problem is, like suppressing anything else, those feelings start to bubble up and resentment starts to form followed by a backlash.

Its just better to let people be frank and honest. You don't have to deal with anyone if you don't want to.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I posted is another thread: On Political Correctness, which is a term that has lost any, or most of it's original meaning, now, is used by bigots, sexists, racists, to justify their distorted and disgusting views...Some are more tempered, some are extreme and obvious, you don't get a pass to say whatever you want, and not face consequences for said comments. People just want to say racist, biased, dangerous comments, and have carte blanche. This new narrative post election that 'liberals' have been too hard, and too quick to 'cry racisim' is laughable, if it weren't so dangerous and toxic.

To add on, the whole rise and spawn of the phrase, (regarding it's newfound popularity) is allTea Party/alt right...racist is what it is. What it exposes, is a lot of white people, mostly, were tired of having to keep their conversations about race to themselves, and felt persecuted, and shamed, by 'liberal American' (rightfully, for being indefensible racists and bigots) so they cling to political correctness. If you say black people should stop whining and get their act together, stop being thugs and the police won't kill them....that's not being 'politically incorrect', it's being a racist piece of shyt.

And, furthermore, you can't just unleash racist and sexist and biased comments upon the world, because we have laws protecting people from it, mostly employees. Who whether they are women, or black, or Pakistani, or whatever don't have to hear racist/sexist shyt from their cowokers or boss, nor can policy/law be set with those believes behind them, though it happens anyway.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
"PC culture" promotes fakeness. Its the outright suppression of your true feelings to not suffer the wrath of the easily offended. The problem is, like suppressing anything else, those feelings start to bubble up and resentment starts to form followed by a backlash.

Its just better to let people be frank and honest. You don't have to deal with anyone if you don't want to.

I guess...but at what point does it go to far? Are you suppressing somebody by asking them to avoid, say, holocaust denial or using racial slurs in public?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps

So if a white guy walks up to you and calls you a "baboon" you feel it's better to let him be frank and honest about what he thinks of you as?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I posted is another thread: On Political Correctness, which is a term that has lost any, or most of it's original meaning, now, is used by bigots, sexists, racists, to justify their distorted and disgusting views...Some are more tempered, some are extreme and obvious, you don't get a pass to say whatever you want, and not face consequences for said comments. People just want to say racist, biased, dangerous comments, and have carte blanche. This new narrative post election that 'liberals' have been too hard, and too quick to 'cry racisim' is laughable, if it weren't so dangerous and toxic.

To add on, the whole rise and spawn of the phrase, (regarding it's newfound popularity) is allTea Party/alt right...racist is what it is. What it exposes, is a lot of white people, mostly, were tired of having to keep their conversations about race to themselves, and felt persecuted, and shamed, by 'liberal American' (rightfully, for being indefensible racists and bigots) so they cling to political correctness. If you say black people should stop whining and get their act together, stop being thugs and the police won't kill them....that's not being 'politically incorrect', it's being a racist piece of shyt.

And, furthermore, you can't just unleash racist and sexist and biased comments upon the world, because we have laws protecting people from it, mostly employees. Who whether they are women, or black, or Pakistani, or whatever don't have to hear racist/sexist shyt from their cowokers or boss, nor can policy/law be set with those believes behind them, though it happens anyway.

:wow:

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So if a white guy walks up to you and calls you a "baboon" you feel it's better to let him be frank and honest about what he thinks of you as?

Lol if a white guy called me a baboon I honestly wouldn't give a fukk. He can say whatever he wants. If he puts hands on me then that's different, I gotta beat that ass. But words don't bother me. At least I would know not to trust him at all in the future.

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess...but at what point does it go to far? Are you suppressing somebody by asking them to avoid, say, holocaust denial or using racial slurs in public?

I like my racism out in the open. Too many black people have been deluded into thinking we can "fight" racism by censoring people. You should want a detailed list of your opponents.

As far as holocaust denial, the truth shouldn't fear skepticism...

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
decency requires acceptance of right/wrong. even some maturity and tact instead of bowing to a neanderthal instinct to be a prick. now some are using "pc culture" as an excuse for their immaturity, ignorance, and how right/wrong doesn't apply to them. it's the new cop out for shallow thinkers and bigots. trump is their poster boy.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
If there's one thing about the current political environment (besides the blatant 'cism) that annoys me it's this.

And I guess Trump exemplifies it, but it's far from just him. But when did "Not being an a$$hole" become a synonym for being "politically correct"? We now seem to be in a political environment where simply being respectful of people and not going out of your way to be an a$$hole is considered a moral failing.

Anybody else starting to feel like this? This whole anti-PC movement seems to be at the point where it's really just an excuse for people to express their bigoted opinions and accuse anybody who criticizes them of being sensitive or members of the PC police.

It's more than annoying these days. :mindblown:
its so fukking absurd

Its a bunch of white dudes who can't get laid or who can't use the n-word in public ranting about "muh free speech!"

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA

Perfectly said. We try and legislate people's feelings. But the feelings are still beneath the surface.

We then want to play gotcha when they slip up. The pc culture feeds into that.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The anti-PC types are very thin skinned as well, essentially they are trying to avoid social consequences society places on people who use racist language. I know its not limited to racism but essentially that what it always comes down to, if they cite statistics like "black on black" crime and they get pushback their answer is that people are being too PC. However they don't like getting named xenophobes or racist either and they are also quick to take offense. For example when the Daily News put up the cover mocking Republicans for the "thoughts and prayers" response to gun violence they took offense. In fact they will take offense to people who mock or criticize their sacred topics like religion. Sarah Palin threw a fit when Rahm used the word retard while going on some campaign against PC speech.