When did black men and women start beefing?

Blown Moon

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I think the black power movement was still strong in the mid 70's, so I doubt the dissension between us started then. Is the crack epidemic of the 80's to blame? Maybe the prominence of misogynistic rap music in the 90's? Does anyone think Steve Harvey is at the bottom of this? fukk that guy.

Much love and respect to all the beautiful black women out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
There is no beef man, just some bitter ass youtubers blaming each other for their short comings. I never had beef with my sistas

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
IDK

Somewhere in the 80's and 90's where interracial dating came into the mainstream and black men began to be seen as sex symbols and desirable to other races of women

Once black men started getting love from other races of women it seems like black women started to get upset about it:manny:

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas
Some Men and women of all races beef with each other, it's not a black problem.

Blown Moon

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Around the 70's

Just a guess or are the specific events that make you say that?

There is no beef man, just some bitter ass youtubers blaming each other for their short comings. I never had beef with my sistas

I disagree. I know a lot of black men and women irl that not only won't deal with their own race romantically but will also tear the other sex down. In my experience it's usually the educated, ambitious and successful people.

At the risk of sounding soft, that shyt hurts me.

And I'm not saying all or even most of the black people I know feel this way but the percentage is high enough for me to be bothered.

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles

....but it is when you really see it from all angles. :notsure:

Other races throw generally just throw the gender under the bus without being race specific. "Guys suck...Chicks are dumb, etc."

You don't hear white women constantly announcing "White men are horrible" publicly or white men constantly announcing "White women ain't shyt."

Black men and women make it a point to throw each other under the bus in public forum and specifically announce that it's black men/women in specific that they're looking down upon. :damn:

Sometimes, it seems that black culture is one of a few that pridefully throw their own under the bus and distance themselves from one another. Like, it's a shame to just be yourself out here. shyt's fukked up. :ld:

Blown Moon

All Star
Bushed
Daps
IDK

Somewhere in the 80's and 90's where interracial dating came into the mainstream and black men began to be seen as sex symbols and desirable to other races of women

Once black men started getting love from other races of women it seems like black women started to get upset about it:manny:

What do you think is the cause for the men being upset?

If there is, it seems like a 1 sided beef from an outside prospective. I rarely see a black chick with anyone else but a black dude, raarely.

I do believe the number of bm tripping is higher but I don't think the numbers are so disproportionate that you can call it one sided.

I'm sure that's true but I don't really see other races trying to shyt on each other like black people. Then again maybe I just have a narrow view on this subject.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps

Just a guess or are the specific events that make you say that?

I disagree. I know a lot of black men and women irl that not only won't deal with their own race romantically but will also tear the other sex down. In my experience it's usually the educated, ambitious and successful people.

At the risk of sounding soft, that shyt hurts me.

And I'm not saying all or even most of the black people I know feel this way but the percentage is high enough for me to be bothered.

I havent experienced that, most of the people I know date their own race and dont have nothing to bad to say in general. They complain yes but at the same time its usually a gender thing not race.

we all know that women of all colors are bat shyt crazy lol