When did you first realise WCW was in decline?

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
People always pinpoint the fingerpoke of doom but there was plenty of signs beforehand.

I remember the first time REALLY thinking Raw was on another level to Nitro was during Bischoff's garbage ass feud with Jay Leno. I remember Bischoff had these long ass talk show segments on Nitro and thinking why the fukk would I watch this whilst Vince and Austin are tearing it down on Raw :what:

You could tell the booking was becoming very self indulgent and I think that was when Nitro started to go 3 hours (might've been earlier that year can't remember)....but Nitro started to really feel like 3 hours. It was a slog to sit through despite how stacked the roster was in 98.

98 still had plenty to like (Jericho's heel run, Goldberg, the Flock etc) but the decline in quality could definitely be felt then obviously things got way fukking worse in 99. Once they changed the logo and Nitro stage and had Nash and Sid fueding for the title I knew it was a wrap.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
When they turned the coolest babyface and stable into some lackey ass shyt for Hogan i was done, at least until Sting came back

tumblr_ly81qfZv3C1qdkrl2o1_500.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NYC
For me it was when Nash headlined Starrcade. Never bought him at that level no matter how hard they tried. I know he was over but still.

And yet now you got a guy like Robo, who's not even close to being on Nash's level, headlining MANIA! Two years in a row no less!

:flabbynsick:

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
I started noticing it as a kid who didn't read dirtsheets or anything when they started going with those stripped down stage/sets for Nitro and PPV's. I mean I knew then booking was shyt but when I saw the bare bones presentation and production I started thinking "damn WCW might be in trouble"

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
when it was revealed that they were piping in Goldberg chants. How lame.:mjlol:

When Hogan was champ & putting on 1-star main events on boring PPV's every month...and then the thing with Jay Leno. Them trying to make Piper/Hogan angles, etc....the mic work was cool but the matches were terrible. Macho Man,Luger, etc all those dudes were either old, or just never seemed right in WCW to me. You knew they were just there for the $$$....and that's OK, but it doesn't mean the product is good.

They had their moments, but I knew by mid-late 97 WCW was gonna start losing the momentum.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Warrior's return. Even as a 8 year old, I was like :francis:. The Radicals coming in and looking like a million bucks on their first night was amazing and was a huge sign to me at the time that WCW sucked too, I just remember that was all anybody talked about at school the next day.