When MIKE TYSON challenged his BIGGEST OPPONENT

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Brehs these documentary short clips are dope as fukk...shows Mike on the rise

Imma keep it a buck I know very little about boxing...we're people really knowing that Mike getting the heavyweight was inevitable and a sure thing?

:mjgrin:

Sports Illustrated had a cover article on him very early in his career, before he won the title, a little after Cus died.

He was expected to be a future HW champ.

When he fought Berbick to win the WBC title, he was a solid betting favorite. Same thing when he fought Bonecrusher & Tucker for the next 2 belts, and Spinks for the lineal/Ring magazine title.

The guy in the 2nd video is Tyrell Biggs, he was a talented guy but couldn’t lay off the coke. He was part of the 84’ USA Olympic team with Evander Holyfield, Pernell Whitaker, Mark Breland, and Meldrick Taylor that won Gold Medals in LA. Tyson gave him a bad beating. He was a tough guy though, he had recently won a fight in which he suffered a broken collarbone.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
found that article referenced:

BEST JAB
Tony Tucker: I had to be certain to slip well to keep from getting tagged.

BEST DEFENSE
:flabbynsick:: I have to say Larry Holmes even though I did win inside the distance. He was very tough to hit cleanly.

FASTEST HANDS
Tony Tubbs: Tony Tubbs had the fastest hands. I was surprised how quick he let go with those combinations. And he was not afraid to throw them.

FASTEST FEET
Mitch Green: I think Mitch Green had the fastest feet. It was very tough to set up near him and throw big shots.

BEST CHIN
Jose Ribalta: I hit Jose Ribalta with everything, and he took everything and kept coming back for more.

SMARTEST
:flabbynsick:: Larry Holmes was the smartest of all. It comes with being a champion for seven years.

STRONGEST
Ribalta: Jose Ribalta stood toe to toe with me. He was very strong in the clinches.

BEST PUNCHER
Holyfield: He threw terrific shots with both hands and with bad intentions.

BEST BOXER
Tucker: He had an excellent jab, moved well and was very tough to hit clean.

BEST OVERALL
Holyfield: Great champion: chin, heart, determination, work ethic, demeanor.