when talking about top nba players why isnt clyde drexler talked about?

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Cause MJ shytted on him when he won his first ring

tumblr_ln65xqhvtr1qhaw05o1_500.gif
2nd ring*

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
His numbers from the regular season and playoffs are essentially the same

he averaged more assist more rebounds, but scored less and his fg% dipped.

Kobe's numbers are down in the playoffs, as well as some others.

This is where not having a Shaq, a Gasol, a pippen, etc.. hurts clyde, no one can take the pressure off of him when needed. This is where having a legit 2nd option or a dominant first option comes into play.

I'm not talking about strictly the W/L, I'm talking about the performances. Clyde just isn't as good a playoff performer as Kobe,Wade, or Jordan. His game staying the same almost every year in the playoffs is one of the problems. The guys I mentioned had multiple years of raising their game in every statistical category in the offs.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
lol @ dude saying Mitch Richmond was close to Drexler. That's like saying Joe Johnson was close to Wade.

Drexler/Wade were all around complete players. They could take over a game in a bunch of different ways.

Richmond could not. He was a good shooter but when his shots weren't falling you could pretty much take him out the equation.

Drexler was a dominant scorer, good playmaker, and great rebounder. Matter of fact, he's #1 all time in rebounds for the SG position.

There is a reason why people put him in the top 5 sg's of all time, cuz he could do it all.
Naw, Mitch was great at slashing and drawing fouls, to be honest, James Harden and Mitch Richmond are the same damn players. Clyde was all around but he didn't have the BBIQ of Wade. I would say Wade is a tad better than Drexler.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don't think Vince and Clyde comparisons are that close. Clyde was relentless and fearless. He never camped outside and shot jumpers all day...good thing with that ugly @ss form. Vince was deemed soft his whole career. Vince could've been much better than he was, but if you hit him in the paint, he became a jump shooter for the rest of the game. Even Oakley called him out on that, as a teammate. He coasted for his career. He was naturally better than Pierce but its Pierce that will be known as better. As for Mitch, he's a great too but just not on that level of Clyde...I don't think.

Clyde is one of the Top 5 SG in History.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
90s guard tiers IMO...IN the 90s

Tier zero:
Jordan

Tier 1:
Iverson
Magic
Drexler
Payton
Isiah
Stockton

Tier 2:
Reggie
Petrovic
Mitch
Kobe
Dumars
Spreewell
Penny
Kidd
Tim hardaway

Tier 3:
Stackhouse
Ray allen
Vince
Kj
Mitch
Mark price
Rod strickland

Some are gray between 1-2 (both hardaways) and 2-3 (ray, spree)
Where would you rank Dominique?:russ:

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
put an '06 shaq on the 76ers and iverson definitely gets a chip. holla at me when wade takes a team like the '01 sixers to the finals.
wade is great but hes a bit overrated on here. dont get fooled by his gaudy stats on 20-win teams which featured teammates that instantly got better as soon as they escaped miami.

this nikka is tripping!!!

Dikembe Mutombo in the 2001 Finals >>> Shaq in the 2006 Finals.

hell... Dikembe Mutombo was as good of a player as Shaq in 2006 if anything.

best defender in the NBA, lead the NBA in offensive rebounding, 14/14/3 in the post season, outplayed by Shaq but still averaged 17/13 in the FInals.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Clyde never played with a legit hof player during his prime. He had a coach known for his choking. You give clyde the teams Kobe has, mj , wade has, and he has his own rings. Clyde was a victim of circumstances

:mjpls:

He wasn't as good as Kobe or Wade, stop it, you overrate every dude from the 80s and 90s.

I bet you think Kelly Tripucka would lead the league in scoring today.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
:mjpls:

He wasn't as good as Kobe or Wade, stop it, you overrate every dude from the 80s and 90s.

I bet you think Kelly Tripucka would lead the league in scoring today.

Drexlers Blazer's team was more stacked than Jordan's Bulls.

he didn't win because he wasn't on Zeke, Magic, nor Jordan's level. plain and simple.

Drexler is more of a Scottie Pippen than Jordan so that why he won a titles as a "Pippen" when he was playing for the Rockets.