Where do you expect the MCU to go after Infinity War?

Where will the Marvel Cinematic Universe go after the final Avengers movie?

• Total voters

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think it will continue, but the main Avengers characters will be a combination of retired/killed/recasted.

Getting Spider-Man halfway in the MCU is a good start, but they really need to get FF & X-Men back as well, because they are going to be needed to fill the gap left behind by the OG MCU Avengers. I think FF is a possibility in the next few years, but we can forget about the X-Men for another decade or so, at least.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with and which characters they decide to give the spotlight to (Carol Danvers ain't gonna cut it :aicmon:).

SUAJCS*93*

Banned
Daps
250px-Secretwars1.png

:banderas:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think it will continue, but the main Avengers characters will be a combination of retired/killed/recasted.

Getting Spider-Man halfway in the MCU is a good start, but they really need to get FF & X-Men back as well, because they are going to be needed to fill the gap left behind by the OG MCU Avengers. I think FF is a possibility in the next few years, but we can forget about the X-Men for another decade or so, at least.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with and which characters they decide to give the spotlight to (Carol Danvers ain't gonna cut it :aicmon:).

I don't think they recast for a long ass time, like a decade at least. They either continue with the current actors or kill or retire them in the near future. They running with Stephen Strange, Black Panther, Ant Man, Wasp and Carol Danvers and whoever survives the next 2 Avenger movies as the spotlights.
Here's another question. What Marvel characters do they add to the mix? I say in order of likelihood:
  • Nova
  • Fantastic Four
  • She-Hulk
  • Spiderwoman (especially if they lose Spiderman back to Sony)
  • Hercules

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
No reboot Spider-Man Black Panther Captain Marvel Dr Strange and others will be the main focus of characters while they build new characters. Secret Invasion is the event they’ll emulate for a couple of phases of movies. Hopefully Osborn becomes the head of hammer and they make a film based off Warren Ellis’s Thunderbolt run. I think they’ll get Fantasic Four as well.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
avengers vs ultimates leading to the death of peter parker(or at least his retirement) and the recruitment of miles morales, the ultimate spiderman.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think they recast for a long ass time, like a decade at least. They either continue with the current actors or kill or retire them in the near future. They running with Stephen Strange, Black Panther, Ant Man, Wasp and Carol Danvers and whoever survives the next 2 Avenger movies as the spotlights.
Here's another question. What Marvel characters do they add to the mix? I say in order of likelihood:
  • Nova
  • Fantastic Four
  • She-Hulk
  • Spiderwoman (especially if they lose Spiderman back to Sony)
  • Hercules
Hercules would be amazing. They could do a movie based on his two mini-series from the '80s. Those have the same scifi/action/comedy vibe that the GOTG movies have. They were set in space and on various planets, too, but it looks like the new Thor is kinda going for a GOTG vibe already.

Daps
They need to do some standalone, one off, not part of any universe movies. The MCU is starting to have too manny restrictions, imagine a standalone movie where any characters can show up and anything can happen without having to worry about continuing the MCU story..

FOX Mavel and DC Warners are starting to go this route and will have 1up on Marvel very soon if they can't do something else...

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They need to do some standalone, one off, not part of any universe movies. The MCU is starting to have too manny restrictions, imagine a standalone movie where any characters can show up and anything can happen without having to worry about continuing the MCU story..

FOX Mavel and DC Warners are starting to go this route and will have 1up on Marvel very soon if they can't do something else...
terrrrrible idea

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

No, they have something right now that is unique and no one else can even properly duplicate. The audience is willing to see all their movies just in case it has a piece of the larger story in it. Plus we have already had an Ironman movie with Black Widow, Cap movie with Black Widow and Nick Fury, Thor movie with Hawkeye, Spiderman movie with Ironman, Cap movie with everyone except Thor and Hulk. And we are about to get Thor and Hulk. Plus all the Avengers movies has had everyone and the next will have everyone plus GotG. They are currently have any character showing up and anything happening. All the movies are fairly self contained three act movies, with a beginning middle and end. None of these movies are ending with huge cliff hangers. I really don't understand what's missing?

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ideally, I'd like for them to get serious about getting the F4 and X-men back. Focus phases 4 and beyond around Spider-man, the Fantastic Four, and the X-men going forward.

Realistically, I wouldn't be surprised if the actors playing the OG Avengers called it quits and got replaced by these new garbage "legacy" characters they've been pushing in the more recent books :scusthov:

They could get really comicy and have whoever gets the gauntlet wish the "dead" og characters back but not fully aware how to use the gauntlet so u get a female thor etc but out of the OG characters the only one they really need to worry about replacing is RDJ since evans kinda had a change of heart bout doing more movies. He can easily be replaced with bucky or falcon.

Hemsworth is like the perfect thor and can play him for another decade cause he's in decent shape and sam jackson could play Fury til he 90. I read that marvel has the rights to the skrulls just not the super skrull because he is more of a FF4 enemy so next phase can be secret invasion with them replacing people while everybody is distracted fighting thanos

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
SO MUCH STUFF STILL LEFT UNDONE. They can go anywhere.

FF4 and Doctor Doom has to be done right

Mantles have to be passed: Falcon/Bucky to become Captain America. Pepper Potts to become iron Woman. :russ:

Spiderman/Xmen Crossover (Mutation disease :lolbron:)

Netflix TV shows jave to make the jump to the big screen somehow. I need a Luke Cage movie.:wow:

Black Panther needs a trilogy.:wow:

We need to see Blade back.:wow:

The skrulls, the inhumans, the beyonder, hell gimmie a secret wars as the grand finale of phase 5 :yeshrug:

Hell do a crossover with DC. It could happen. :lolbron:

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
I hope they take sum pages outta Bendis n Hickman's book n go with them setting up the Illumanati in the post credits scene of Avengers 4. Have Cap, Dr Strange, Hulk, Stark, Black Panther meet n discuss world threats AND what to do with the Infinity Stones. Then have the villains set up they Illumanti n have them stir up shyt in tha MCU and tv marvel shows.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I hope they take sum pages outta Bendis n Hickman's book n go with them setting up the Illumanati in the post credits scene of Avengers 4. Have Cap, Dr Strange, Hulk, Stark, Black Panther meet n discuss world threats AND what to do with the Infinity Stones. Then have the villains set up they Illumanti n have them stir up shyt in tha MCU and tv marvel shows.

Bang bang.
That would be dope.

Forming the Illuminati could lead to the planet hulk and world war hulk storylines too. I know they are already touching on some of that with Thor Ragnorok but to see it done all the way with banner/Hulk coming back to earth fighting everybody.......would be piff :gladbron: