Where Do You Rank Munich in Spielberg's Filmography?

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I finally saw Munich, I know I'm late af. It's one of the few Spielberg movies I hadn't seen so I figured I'd finally watch it.

People complain about Spielberg's movies being too safe and convenient but this is the one film of his that really doesn't give easy answers. I thought it worked brilliantly as both an action thriller and also a nuanced look at the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. I'll have to watch it again to really assess how it stands next to his other movies but it's up there for me.

My only two big complaints

1. Why didn't they include the Lillehammer Affair when they killed a Moroccan waiter that they mistook for their target? That would've really added to the conflict and driven home the point the movie seemed to be making about neither side having a moral high ground. Plus it actually happened in real life.

2. That sex scene at the end juxtaposed with the massacre was just...weird. Spielberg or the screenwriters got two artsy for their own good there and it should've been taken out.

But yeah, other than that I thought it was great. And I thought it showed a maturity and complexity that Spielberg's critics always accuse him of lacking

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Munich was pretty dope actually. I was hoping The Amazon show with Pacino, Hunters, would be more along the lines of it but that was far from the case.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Munich was pretty dope actually. I was hoping The Amazon show with Pacino, Hunters, would be more along the lines of it but that was far from the case.

That was a weird show. It didn't know whether it wanted to be a serious drama or a Tarantino ripoff. Also, Munich actually made me like Inglorious Basterds a lot less. Made it seem dumb and cartoonish in comparison

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
I rank it as his last good movie :sas2:
:patrice:Bridge of Spies was pretty good. Lincoln was solid, though largely because of Daniel Day-Lewis.

‘Munich’ wasn’t a top 10 Spielberg movie, but that’s not necessarily a slight. His catalog is pretty strong.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I find it fascinating how Speilberg gets the most aryan looking actors to play jews. The movie was aight, never trust a jew to tell a story right.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I find it fascinating how Speilberg gets the most aryan looking actors to play jews. The movie was aight, never trust a jew to tell a story right.

Movie was balanced imo, mainly because of scenes like this

Plus one of the writers Tony Kushner has publicly criticized Israel and sympathized with Palestine despite being Jewish

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
2hours and 45 minutes!! Spielberg be smelling himself.

Now on Starz.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Great movie tho….caught it on AMC or something some years back…..the dedication to the get back was admirable.