Where do you rank Tony Parker among NBA point guards right now?

Where do you rank Tony Parker?

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Top 5

Votes: 37 45.7%
  • Top 10

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • fukk the Spurs

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Parker is either #1 or 2. He's the focal point of a offense that is 10-0 in these playoffs. They had the best record in the western conference for the last two years.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
This thread is another clear example of:

people's inability to read the game
people's ignorance towards teams, outside of their own.

90% of yall that didn't have Parker in your top 5, didn't even watch Spurs' games this season:wow:
You can tell a LOT of sohh/coli posters didn't watch the Spurs at all this season based on the mountain of 1st or 2nd round exit predictions and claims that Tim Duncan is washed up and they're the exact same team from last year.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I watched some of the game today though and why are you all acting like Duncan was dominating? If you put Duncan on the Celtics right now and switched him with KG, people would be saying that he still almost done but showing flashes. It's crazy how much being on a winning team blinds people. He's still elite defensively, but let's not get carried away. I'm not sure what people are saying, but it sounds like you guys are acting like Duncan is a top 5 PF right now or something.

Tony P's always been my dude though. He was the best PG this year, I guess we all just missed it.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I watched some of the game today though and why are you all acting like Duncan was dominating? If you put Duncan on the Celtics right now and switched him with KG, people would be saying that he still almost done but showing flashes. It's crazy how much being on a winning team blinds people. He's still elite defensively, but let's not get carried away. I'm not sure what people are saying, but it sounds like you guys are acting like Duncan is a top 5 PF right now or something.

Tony P's always been my dude though. He was the best PG this year, I guess we all just missed it.

Well Duncan is a C now, not a PF anymore. He's not dominant like he used to be, but he's still elite relative to the rest of the centers in the league. Garnett is a C too as well now ironically. Howard is clearly the best. Duncan and KG are 2 and 3 however you want to place them. Bynum may have more ability than anyone, but he's a dusty headcase who you can't count in the playoffs, so I certainly wouldn't take him over Duncan or KG in the playoffs.

Duncan didn't play well offensively tonight. But he averaged 19 points, 11 rebounds and 1.9 block per 36 minutes in the regular season. And he's averaging something like 17 and 9 in the playoffs. And he's still a great defender. Not too many big men are performing at a higher level than that.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Well Duncan is a C now, not a PF anymore. He's not dominant like he used to be, but he's still elite relative to the rest of the centers in the league. Garnett is a C too as well now ironically. Howard is clearly the best. Duncan and KG are 2 and 3 however you want to place them. Bynum may have more ability than anyone, but he's a dusty headcase who you can't count in the playoffs, so I certainly wouldn't take him over Duncan or KG in the playoffs.

Duncan didn't play well offensively tonight. But he averaged 19 points, 11 rebounds and 1.9 block per 36 minutes in the regular season. And he's averaging something like 17 and 9 in the playoffs. And he's still a great defender. Not too many big men are performing at a higher level than that.

I wasn't sure if he or Boris was playing C. I knew KG was. I just feel like his legacy is what it is. Win or lose, he'll still be in the same spot to me. No more or less a legend. I've just been seeing a lot of Duncan talk lately and I was wondering if people were using this playoff as some type of a barometer. I think it's fair to say that at this point, the Spurs go as far as that guy playing PG goes. It was like the situation Kobe was in, the Lakers were going as far as Bynum went (but for different reasons).