Where does OKC go from here?

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
Trade Giddy
Acquire veteran point guard (Mike Conley as example)
Acquire backup big that can hoop (Naz Reid as example)

And see what you can do with that lineup. Being 1 win away from the conference finals isn't a cause to hit the red button and change up everything, just fix up some small holes

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Trade Giddy
Acquire veteran point guard (Mike Conley as example)
Acquire backup big that can hoop (Naz Reid as example)

And see what you can do with that lineup. Being 1 win away from the conference finals isn't a cause to hit the red button and change up everything, just fix up some small holes

Why wouldnt Minnesota keep them?

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Chet is a future #2 if not a #1b… but right now he’s understandably 3rd option tier. You could say the same for Jalen, as a future #2.

Both may be a few years away but right now you have to treat Shai the same way you would Luka: win now mode. Both are in their mid-20s.

So obviously the low hanging fruit is to solidly their weak points with top tier role/impact players. Tho, much as I like Jalen Williams and think he’s gonna be special… to me Shai and Chet are the only true untouchables.

If the “right” disgruntled superstar came along, I’d pull the trigger, in order to bridge gap for Shai until Chet is ready. Otherwise yea, keep all 3… and Giddey is whatever.

Clearly they need versatile mobile bigs.

And I’d definitely think they should be open to swinging for a home run, just as long as it doesn’t involve Shai/Chet.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Clearly they need versatile mobile bigs.

And I’d definitely think they should be open to swinging for a home run, just as long as it doesn’t involve Shai/Chet.
Where is that player supposed to come from though as there currently isn't going to be one in the market in the offseason?

Even a versatile mobile big is going to be difficult to find unless someone like Minnesota chooses to move on from KAT, with how expensive that team is going to be going forward?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
nothing to big but oh reactionary coli

thunder have cap space, hayward, gay, pokusevski, are all off the cap. Maybe just sign a few vets and that's about it. You have a MVP candidate in SHAI and a great young big in CHET, and a talented sf in jalen williams

just wait, but this is the coli, nikkaz would have them trading for old ass kevin durant or paul george

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
nothing to big but oh reactionary coli

thunder have cap space, hayward, gay, pokusevski, are all off the cap. Maybe just sign a few vets and that's about it. You have a MVP candidate in SHAI and a great young big in CHET, and a talented sf in jalen williams

just wait, but this is the coli, nikkaz would have them trading for old ass kevin durant or paul george
I can see why people are saying it though considering they got about a 2-3 year window before that Chet and Williams contracts kicks in and takes away all flexibility and that's before you factor in a SGA potential supermax.

If they're going to do it, then theoretically these next couple of years would be the time to do it as once those contracts kick in, all future flexibility is gone.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Just run it back

They a young team that will be better

Shai, jalen williams are core centerpieces clearly, they will carry a team far when healthy

Chet was exposed, he needs to continue adding muscle

Dort, the other jalen williams, and the rest of the bench are good enough not to replace per se, but they talking about possibly bringing back KD. If that opportunity arises, it's hard not to get rid of those guys for him. Only way I'd let him join though is if I can give up only the bare minimum