Where most origin comic movies fail and Batman Begins and TDK shines.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Ehm, the FF's origin has very little to do with Doom. They had history with Doom in college but went separate ways and only clashed later when Doom started his world conquering schemes and they had become superheroes. It's the movies that insist on tying him directly into the origin of the FF.

They could easily save Doom for a sequel and use flashbacks to explain the history between them, it's not that hard.
:ehh: Fair enough.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Much like Doom, Galactus started out purely as their villain but world domination tends to unite everyone. They laid the building blocks for most of the marvel universe in terms of comic books. Secret Wars, in its current run, isn't happening without FF

Word. It's still Motha fukk Reed Richards season all 4 seasons of the year tho. My favorite story/moment involving Fantastic Four was when they was fighting the X-men for some batshyt crazy reason and Wolverine cham punched Reed 'dikk' Richards in his fukking face.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Why do they have to fight and defeat Doom? Have him do something in the background, show him as a side character who slowly goes from just a rival to Reed Richards intellectually to this megalomaniac who gets his armor at the very end of the film. Dont cram someone of that character into 20 minutes of film time max.
I'm not really familiar with FF source material. I was just going off the assumption that doom got his powers with the FF

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
I'm not really familiar with FF source material. I was just going off the assumption that doom got his powers with the FF
Who the hell does FF actually fight that isn't Doom tho? Serious question, as I was never a fan of them.
hey @The_Sheff

THIS is why we need origin stories on most superheroes. I don't use this often, but CLOSE THREAD

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well damn. Never got into the FF like that. Strictly Spider-Man, batman, and X men

I didn't get into them per say, but I picked up stuff throughout the years. Also just that understanding that movies try to streamline things and ever since batman, there's been this innate desire (sometimes a frustrating one) to tie the origin of the hero and the villain together. The minute they had the joker kill Bruce's parents and Bruce drop him into the vat of chemicals and they did that whole "you made me" back and forth, hollywood just wanted to follow suit

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Well damn. Never got into the FF like that. Strictly Spider-Man, batman, and X men

You ain't missing nothing breh. They all trash and ghey anyway (Johnny actually says "Flame On":mjlol::upsetfavre:, can't get any gayer than that:francis:) outside of Sue Storm:takedat: and she's quite the slut-piece to be married.:lolbron: But she married to dikk Richards:pacspit:, so can you blame her.:ehh: The only places he can't stretch/grow:sas1:...are the places that count.:sas2: :mjpls: And Ben...everything about the man says Garbage-Man:trash:, from looks, attitude, etc. :camby: and he gets herbed by Wolverine:myman: and Hulk:jawalrus:, it's no wonder his last name is Grimm.:smugfavre:

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yeah, ff as a crew is extremely dated and should be retired for the most part imo. sesperate the four....make Reed a villian for the long-run, ben an independent or avenger, etc

Disagree about that completely. Besides, if you want Reed as a villain just check the Ultimate universe.

The thing with the FF is that the style of the series is completely different from other superhero comics. FF was always more about facing the unknown and venturing into strange worlds. That's where the strength of the group lies because you got four different view points and approaches to their discoveries. Reed marvels in the science of it all, Sue relates with and humanizes whatever strange creatures they encounter, Johnny stirs up trouble with his brash actions and Ben's soft heart will reluctantly find them a cause to fight for. That's the core to most of their stories and it works because the dynamic is so good.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
:ehh: good points

I think Thor and Avengers (also a kinda origin story) did it well with Loki,, but it worked out because Loki was a ridiculously heavy presence on screen. TDK was really successful because Ledger pulled off a one of a kind performance more so than showing just showing him in a later film

Also, the new Fantastic Four movie is gonna fail because of a multitude of other reasons, and not just because of a shytty portrayal of Doom:russ:

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
Yeah, ff as a crew is extremely dated and should be retired for the most part imo. sesperate the four....make Reed a villian for the long-run, ben an independent or avenger, etc

Reed Richards is the only Fantastic Four character worth saving. His intellect is just too:whew: to drop.

The way he was running shyt with the Illuminati in New Avengers and Time Runs Out:ohlawd:

Johnny Storm:scust:, The Thing:trash::trash::trash::trash::trash:, Sue Storm:mjpls::mjlol:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
They are necessary for everyone except spiderman and batman.
I've told people this so many times.

Batman and Spidermans origins can be told in like 10 minutes of a flashback sequence out of a 2 hour movie.

Batman is the easiest! Show him flashing back to that night in Crime Alley, his parents get shot (echo sound effects for emphasis). That's like 5 minutes. Then show him as a teen (because that's when it would have logically started) going through the beginning stages of trying to master all things (martial arts, criminal investigation, knowledge of firearms and weaponry, etc.) as a little montage of clips and scenes of the man growing up. Then bam...flash to modern day Gotham.

All of this could take like 10-15 minutes of a movie. I appreciated Batman Begins for showing that he spent madd time away from Gotham training but even BB did'nt truly do it justice.