Which country is more anti-black USA or Brazil?

Which country is more anti black?

• Brazil

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • USA

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Both countries practiced African slavery and imported huge numbers of slaves but Brazil imported millions more. Both countries created huge black underclasses.

Yet Brazil never had Jim Crow laws or prohibited blacks from associating with whites or anyone else. Both countries have anti black slurs and white supremacist systems in place. But Brazil did attempt to integrate blacks into their society after the end of slavery however insidious their actual motives were, so there was never a civil rights movement there.

The USA has actively sought to undermine its black population with various programs (Tuskegee experiments, planned parenthood, COINTELPRO, etc). Brazil never did this to my knowledge.

It's a toss up really. But Ima give it to the USA just because of how mean spirited the anti black racism has been. The racism in Brazil seems more "casual", and easier to deal with.

What do y'all think?

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Both countries practiced African slavery and imported huge numbers of slaves but Brazil imported millions more. Both countries created huge black underclasses.

Yet Brazil never had Jim Crow laws or prohibited blacks from associating with whites or anyone else. Both countries have anti black slurs and white supremacist systems in place. But Brazil did attempt to integrate blacks into their society after the end of slavery however insidious their actual motives were, so there was never a civil rights movement there.

The USA has actively sought to undermine its black population with various programs (Tuskegee experiments, planned parenthood, COINTELPRO, etc). Brazil never did this to my knowledge.

It's a toss up really. But Ima give it to the USA just because of how mean spirited the anti black racism has been. The racism in Brazil seems more "casual", and easier to deal with.

What do y'all think?

WTF does more casual mean in terms in Racism? Is this the racism that is dressed in sweat pants and loose fitting clothing?

BlackPrint

The Mayor
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Like you said, the lack of a formal apartheid\segragation (that I know of) structure compounded with a national campaign for ethnic cohesion means Brasil doesn't have the same nationilistic interpretation of race (In the way that Blacks are often seen as some sort of alien\foreign force in America), I don't think you can put Brazil up there with the US of A. You can talk about police shootings, but in Brasil the police shoot eyy-damn-body.

I'm not as well versed in Brazilian racial politics as I should be, but I don't think that legislation was enacted to the detriment of our people in Brasil in the way that The New Deal\Redlining was in America, either.. Though economic segregation/subjugation is obv just as commonplace in Brasil as it is in America.

Slavery was alot tougher in South America, though, if that means anything.

BlackPrint

The Mayor
Daps
Reppin
NYC
WTF does more casual mean in terms in Racism? Is this the racism that is dressed in sweat pants and loose fitting clothing?

>Leave my resturaunt, ******.

> No patrons with long, tightly coiled hair, baggy clothing or sagging jeans will be served in this resturaunt.

FSP

Banned
Daps
I don't really get how Brazil is racist, everyone there is mixed. You could look white and have family members that are damn near charcoal black. I've got brazilian family members and that's how it is :yeshrug:

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
I don't really get how Brazil is racist, everyone there is mixed. You could look white and have family members that are damn near charcoal black. I've got brazilian family members and that's how it is :yeshrug:
:comeon:

• Dap
Reactions: FSP